Brook X Reader

"Hey,______-san"
"Hmm?" I turned my head to the slender skeleton beside me, guitar in his hands and shades on his eye sockets. Me and Soul King have been practicing for an upcoming performance at the Kingdom of Chi. I heard rumors of the princess, that she met one of the Germa once... It would be amazing to meet her...
"What should be the starting jam, 'We Are Hope', 'Hard Knock Days', or 'Kokoro no Chizu'?" He looked over at me. I loved all of those songs, damn. I loved all of his songs and enjoyed him in general. Although I had ideas myself, I kept them secret cause of my insecurity of being talent less.
Even though Soul King personally picked me to join him, I've been thinking about why he chose me. Every time I ask, it's always "your angelic voice", "your incredible instrumental skills", or "your driven spirit and can-do attitude". I've only seen myself as a little fish in this giant school of whales, useless and unnoticeable.
"...Imma say... We Are Hope, to be honest!" I replied with confidence after pondering on Soul King's question. He did his signature laugh and nodded.
"It is indeed a lovely song, one of my favorite creations" He strummed a few strings from his shark shaped guitar and hummed some of the lyrics, "Are you still gonna do keyboard or are you changing to background vocals?"
"...I'll stay keyboard cause at least I can't butcher the audience with my shitty voice. Heh heh..." Here it comes... Wait for it...
"Your voice is not shitty, ______-san. It's a beautiful voice and it pains me to see you unaware of that... Even if I don't have eyes... Yohohoho..." There it is! I sighed as I got up and walked off. Soul King looked up at me as he continued to strum his guitar, "Where are you going?"
"To do what ever, to be honest. We still have a few hours till land so..." I wandered off in search of something to do. My main destination was my room, where I had a little project I was working on. I entered my room and sat at my desk, opening a drawer containing song notes and lyrics for a song I made, "Maybe on day..."
I took the sheets and made my way to an isolated piano. I placed the sheets of music on the stand and sat at the piano, lifting it's shiny cover. Hovering my fingers above the keys, I took a deep breath and sighed. My fingers hit the keys and trailed along with the notes on the paper in front of me. Soon, the vocals came along and I poured my soul into every syllable.

All that I have and all that I love
Has been stolen from me by a monster
Whose sole desire is my destruction

Without a care and without a thought
Everything that I knew became a mystery
Tainted by death and pure corruption

With the sharpness and the harshness of an arrow bolt
I will find you and destroy your very soul

I think you know I'll chase you
I'll always chase you
You'll know I'll chase you
There'll be no escape

You run and I'll chase you
You hide - I'll chase you
We shall have justice - It is make or break

Your tenacity
Will be your doom
And that is why
I'm always chasing you

I sighed once more as I finished my little song. I looked at another sheet of notes designed for an acoustic guitar, "I'll eventually find a partner to help me with all of this" I giggled.
"I could be your partner ______-san" I jolted my head back and saw Soul King lounging on a crate across from me, knees crossed and sipping on a cup of what seemed to be tea. I turned back, my face red with embarrassment.
"D-did you hear an-an-anything, S-soul King-g?" I looked back at him. He nodded, making my face heat up even more, "Dammit, dammit, dammit! Listen, it's just some silly song I made up, okay?! It doesn't mea-" I stopped talking when I felt bony fingers touch my shoulder.
"Why did you compose your piece?" I looked up at the two canyons in his face. Without any features, I could sense curiosity, "Every song has a purpose. What is this ones?" I sighed.
"My parents were murdered only a few months ago, weeks before I met you. I never saw the murderer's face, but I swore on my life that I would find him and send him to the fiery depths of hell where I will experience pain on ungodly levels!" I clenched my fist, "I may leave the group when I find him, Soul King, cause I'm always chasing him... That bastard..."
"I see... It's about the determination of one's revenge for the loss of something of importance to him..." He nodded and picked up the guitar notes, "I know what it's like to lose a loved one. I lost my two crew, one by death, one by separation. I believe we could make this duo one to remember when you preform at Chi"
"P-PREFORM?!?!"

*~-*-~*

"Holy shit... Look at all the people... I dunno if I'll be able to do this..." I began to hyper ventilate, my anxiety taking over every inch of my body. Brook noticed my form and rushed to my aid.
"______-san, everything will be okay. I was nervous my first time, as well. You're gonna do great" He said so calmly to me. I began to take deep breaths. I attempted to change my mindset as my moment inched forward.
"Okay... I think I'm ready, Brook..." He chuckled and walked onto the stage, earning an uproar from the crowd.
"Gooooood Evening, Chi Kingdom!!!" He said with high spirits, "Now, I wanna start this performance with a little something different. My beloved music helper, ______-san, has created a song that she would love to share with you all. Can we get a round of applause for her?" I walked out of the curtains and onto the bright stage, being greeted with happy faces, whistles, and claps.
"Uh... Hello, Chi..." I sat at the stool in front of the piano in the center of the stage. Brook leaned beside the piano holding a guitar, " Before we begin, I wanna explain the purpose of this song. My parents were murdered a few months back and I've made it my goal to find the one responsible. I'll chase him to the ends of the earth till I receive my revenge on him. And with further ado, I present to you 'Chase'" I started on the piano with Brook soon joining in. Expecting Brook to join me, I sung the lyrics that started, unaware of just my voice in the field.

All that I have and all that I love
Has been stolen from me by a monster
Whose sole desire is my destruction

Without a care and without a thought
Everything that I knew became a mystery
Tainted by death and pure corruption

With the sharpness and the harshness of an arrow bolt
I will find you and destroy your very soul

I think you know I'll chase you
I'll always chase you
You'll know I'll chase you
There'll be no escape

You run and I'll chase you
You hide - I'll chase you
We shall have justice - It is make or break

Your tenacity
Will be your doom
And that is why
I'm always chasing you

As we finished, I realized that only my voice filled the silence in the concert hall. My face turned pink as I analysed the situation. The silence was soon filled with applaud, causing me to cast a few tears. They loved me... They really did...
"See, ______-san. I'm not the only on who thinks you're awesome. Yohohoho~!" I smiled at the laughing skeleton.
"Couldn't of done it without you, Brook" I giggled as I stood up and bowed to my beloved audience, Brook joining in with me.

Sometimes... I wish he was still a human...