Chapter Sixteen: A Fallout

*Nina's POV*

"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone."

"Hello beautiful." I heard Paul say in a sweet voice.

"Well hello." I said back, blushing.

"I would love it if you came over to my house for a sleepover tonight..." He said in a sneaky voice.

"A sleepover? Hmm, can we paint each other's nails and talk about boys?"

"Sure thing, beautiful." He said laughing.

"Well in that case, I'll be right there." I said jokingly.

"See you in an hour?"

"See you then." I said as I was getting ready to hang up I heard him whisper, "I love you."

I smiled.

"I love you too." I said back as I ended the call. I sat there smiling like an idiot for 5 minutes before I got up and packed a bag.

When I got to Paul's, he was sitting outside on his porch with his cat.

"Hello." I said as I got out of my car and walked over to him slowly.

"Well aren't you looking pretty tonight..." He said as he got up and kissed me slowly.

"Mm, you're not looking so bad yourself, Wesley." I said as I grabbed his face and kissed him again.

He let go, and opened the door for me to go inside.

"I missed you, you know that?" He said as we leaned against his front door.

"Oh yeah? Well good, because I missed you too." I said as he ran his fingers through my hair. I pulled his face to mine and kissed him hungrily.

"Shall we take this upstairs?" I asked with a smirk.

"Wow one kiss and you're ready to take things to the bedroom? You're moving a little too fast for me I'm not sure I'm prepared..." He said jokingly as he kissed me again.

"Shut up." I said laughing as I reached up his shirt and took it off slowly.

"Now you're trying to get me naked, should I go get you a glass of water?" He said laughing into my lips.

"I'll take you instead." I said as I kissed him on the nose and ran upstairs. "Catch me if you can!" I yelled teasingly.

"Oh I can.." He said as he chased after me.

By the time he got to his room I was already undressed and under the covers of his king size bed.

"You need to work out Mr. Wesley." I said as I patted the bed next to me.

"Well, I'm about to aren't I?" He said with a smirk.

"Yes you are." I said as I lifted my eyebrow and he jumped into bed.

*The Next Morning*

I woke up tangled in covers, my legs intertwined with Paul's.

"Good morning, handsome." I said as I kissed his chest.

"Good morning, my love."

"I like it when you call me that..." I said as I reached up and kissed his lips.

"Oh you do? My love." He said smiling as he kissed my lips slowly.

We were in the middle of a heated make out session when the door bell rang.

"Who's that?! It's 7 in the morning..." I said in a shocked voice.

"I have no idea. I'll be right back." He said smiling as he kissed me on the forehead. He quickly put on his pants and walked down stairs.

*Paul's POV*

As soon as I opened the door I knew I was in deep shit.

"What in the..." "Paul?" "Torrey? What are you doing here?" There Torrey stood, in my doorway, at 7 am, and I didn't even have a shirt on.

"Um, can I come in?" She said in a tone I didn't like.

"Uhhh, sure?" I was so confused.

"Listen Paul, people have been telling me you're dating again, and I just, it's been driving me crazy, I just... I want to know who it is."

"Paul?" I heard Nina call from upstairs. Shit.

"Is there someone upstairs?!" Torrey asked angrily.

"Yes?"

"What the hell..." She said as she started walked upstairs.

"Torrey stop! We aren't married anymore, I've moved on. You do not have the right to barge upstairs!" I said as I ran after her.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" She said as she made it to my room.

"Torrey?!?" Nina yelled.

"PAUL WHAT THE HELL?! YOU MOVE ON TO HER? HER?! HAVE YOU LIKED HER THIS WHOLE TIME?!" Torrey was angry, so angry. She was running passed me downstairs before I could stop her.

"It just happened, I was going to tell you... But honestly it's none of your business and you shouldn't be mad." I said as calmly as I could.

"Go fuck yourself, Paul." She said as she flipped me off and slammed my front door, knocking a picture of my cat off the wall.

"Ummm, what the hell just happened?!" Nina asked me as I ran upstairs.

"I don't have a clue..."

"You didn't tell her?"

"Not yet... But..."

"That was so embarrassing Paul. I look like a hussy now."

"NO you don't! I'm sorry Nina, I had no idea she would do that! I haven't talked to her in months!"

"I just, I have to leave."

"No Nina don't, I'm sorry. I should have told her, she shouldn't have found out this way."

She was getting dressed and grabbing her stuff quickly, her hands were shaking.

"Neens, please. I love you, I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad at you Paul, I'm just, frustrated that it happened that way." She said as she grabbed her purse and slung it around her shoulder.

"Nina..."

"I'm sorry, I'll call you later."

I chased her downstairs and tried to get her to stay.

"I have to go..." She said as she opened the front door.

"Neens... I love you." I yelled to her out the door.

She smiled at me, just a faint smile, and shut her car door.

"Fuck!" I yelled as a shut the door and punched the door frame. How could this have happened?