Chapter 3 - Part 1

There was a calmness in the air when I regained consciousness. Like every was clearer and more vibrant. My hand raised to touch my neck but there was no bruises or pain like before. But this time there was something different I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I flexed my hands looking at them like I was looking at them for the first time. My whole body felt strange. I felt better than before, stronger instead of weak.

But I was still so thirsty. And my stomach ached with hunger. I hadn't eaten anything in the time I had been taken. Surely it was impossible to go without food for that long.

It wasn't long before the door opened and my dark haired tormentor entered with the glass of blood on the trolley.

But this time it was different. My focus wasn't on the the man standing watching me, it was on the contents of the glass. Instead of being revolted by the crimson liquid in the glass my lips watered and my hunger pains increased.

Without a word or threat I walked to the glass picked it up. The smell was enticing and I breathed it in. I took a sip and sighed as the liquid slid down my throat soothing the dryness. It tasted wonderful. No amount of logic stopped me from tipping the glass to my mouth and I gulped the rest of it hungrily.

It was only after the glass was finished did it dawn on me what I had just done. Horror filled me, overtaking the physical satisfaction as I set the glass down before I backed away form it, reeling from actions I'd had little control over. I sat on the bed and pulled my knees to my chin.

Disgusted with myself, I couldn't look at my tormentor in the eye. I felt the heat of his gaze on me. He hadn't needed to lift a finger to get me to drink the blood this time.

And unlike before there was no pain as I waited for my body to react to the blood.

When the door closed I didn't even notice because I was so tied up in knots over what I had done compared to how good it had felt on a physical level.

A few minutes later the door opened abruptly and when I looked up my tormentor threw some clothes on the bed.

"Get dressed," he commanded.

I stared at the clothes feeling unsettled and scared.

"Now."

He meant for me to get dressed while he watched because he made no move to leave the room.

I swallowed. His eyes were hard and unwavering like an impenetrable wall.

"You can either do it or I can do it for you." This time his threat only annoyed me. Couldn't they just give me a second to get my mind around what I had done.

"Yeah yeah I know," I mumbled getting off the bed.

In a split second I was up against the wall with his arm tightly against my windpipe just enough to make to uncomfortable and not enough to cut off my air.

"Keep your mouth shut and do as you're told," he warned, his lips a breath from mine. For the first time he wasn't calm. There was a spark of anger alive in his eyes.

He held me for a few seconds to bring the point home before he abruptly released me and I sagged against the wall. I coughed and rubbed my neck.

He stepped back to allow me access to the bed and the clothes.

I was rattled and scared. My hands shook as I undressed before I reached for the clothes he had brought and put them on. I was surprised when they fit perfectly.

Then he grabbed my arm and led me out of the room. My eyes darted around my surroundings trying to take everything in. He pulled me roughly from the room to another room two doors down. This room only had a table and a chair on either side. The one chair was occupied with a guy dressed similar to my dark haired tormentor in all black.