Chapter 12

White House

13th March 1965

Jack sat doing normal business in the Oval when the phone went. Jack picked up the receiver and listened. "Hello?" Jack called. He heard breathing.

"Jack?". It was Jackie. "Jack?" Jack stood up. He was terrified as she sounded out of breath and scared. "Jack. You've got to help. There's blood everywhere" Jackie panted.

Jack was silent. "Jack?" Jackie called. "Jack are you still there?". Jack cleared his throat. "Yeah kid I'm still here. Where are you? Where's the blood?" Jack shook.

"All over the floor. I was in Camp David waiting for you to come after work and the blood came flooding out and I don't know what it is" Jackie cried. Jack tried to calm her down as he asked Mrs Lincoln to call an ambulance for Jackie.

GW Hospital

Jackie was flown by Marine One to the hospital and Jack went in the car.

Jack was taken to a waiting room and there was a doctor there.

"Mr President, I'm Doctor Parsons and I'll be looking after your wife while she is here". Jack shook his hand. "Thank you, where is my wife?".

"She is being checked over to see if she has been hurt". Jack nodded. He sat in the waiting room until Dr Parsons came back in with a worrying look on his face.