•You Are My Everything•

"Manik I told you not to involve in fights. Can you for once listen to me?!" Nandini huffed, applying the ointment on his forehead wound. She constantly blew air on the wound to soothe the stinging sensation while applying the ointment.

"Nandini you know I can't do that."

"I know but you should also know you are my everything. If something ever happens to you-"She stopped mid sentence, a tight knot forming in her throat.

"I am fine Nandini." Manik assured gently holding her tightened fist that had been holding the ointment. "And you know I won't leave you so easily. And if I do end up dead in some secret mission then too I won't leave you. I'll stick by your side as a ghost." He joked only to get punched by Nandini on his shoulder.

"Talk about dying one more time and I swear you are going to be sleeping on the sofa for rest of your life." Nandini said angrily as she turned to walk away but before she could walk away he snaked his arms around her waist, embracing her as tightly as he could.

"Don't be angry na."

"I am not."

"I am sorry na." He said softly, making her look at him.

"Urghh I can't even stay angry with you." She let out a sigh, caressing his hair lightly. "I seriously hate this detective job of yours. But I can't even ask you to leave this job."

He was a detective and it was his job to suspect people and detect the truth amidst all the lies. In this process a lot of time he got into fights and got severely wounded too but nothing mattered to him as long as the case could be solved.

"You are proud of me, aren't you?"

"Of course I am. Is that even a questions?"

He smiled and pulled her in his lap. "I love you."

"I love you too idiot." She confessed, hugging him tightly. "I love you so much."

She was his shining star in the dark night. She was the angel who saw the good inside him. She saw the scars that he hid and felt the pain that he felt.

In the middle of the dark night, "Nooo!!" He screamed and woke up, hyperventilating. His forehead was covered with sweat and he was getting paranoid every single second with just the thought of losing her.

His mum abandoned him when he was small. His dad never acknowledged his presence, eventually leading him to be rude and arrogant. All the people that he loved left him and he was scared that one day she would leave him too.

Right then he was pulled into a warm embrace and her soothing voice hit his ears. "Manik until my last breath I am not going to leave you." She said it softly, patting his head.

"Till the stars shine and till the fireflies glow MaNan is forever." She rubbed his back and held him tighter.

With every second he registered her presence and he calmed down. His breath became normal and he found the sound of her heartbeat soothing and musical.

Listening to her heartbeat he fell asleep and with teary eyes she kept on staring at him for long hours, patting his head continuously.

She loved him and he loved her. But their story wasn't this simple.

"What should I do?" Nandini cried. "I like you so so much that I don't want to let go off you but I can't even stay with you."

A knot formed in her chest, then in her throat, as she let her tears flow. "This disease will kill me bit by bit but I don't want to die. I want to stay with you." Nandini cried harder.