12 - Ladybug's plan

"As I said... We must trust to each other. This is the only way we can defeat Hawkmoth. If it is your father, we have to be very careful. That what happened recently, may prove that he misled Ladybug and Cat Noir intentionally about his identity. And that probably means that he has some suspicions of who you are. Do you understand how serious our situation is?"

"I know, I know. I'm endangered. My dad can come to my room anytime. Perhaps it will be safer to return my miraculous to you, Master? Maybe you should find another Cat Noir..." Adrien suggested and suddenly felt terribly sorry for those moments spent with Ladybug and Marinette. And for losing the company of Plagg.

"Ladybug is endangered equally or even more." Master Fu answered looking at them attentively. "Don't you think that if your father finds out about your feelings to each other, he will use you to get Ladybug and her miraculous?"

"No!" Marinette exclaimed. "I can't allow it! It's enough for me to remember that terrible moment with Volpina! I still have nightmares..."

Adrien put his arm around her. He remembered when Ladybug had already begun to pull off her earrings, just to save Adrien – or rather an illusion of him – from falling from the Eiffel Tower.

"As you can see, Ladybug." Master Fu continued. "It's very easy to reach you through your feelings to Adrien. This is your weakness."

"What if we mislead Hawkmoth?" Marinette suddenly proposed an idea. "Just as he misled us by akumatizing himself, we could confuse him about our identities!"

"How?" Adrien asked. Master Fu smiled slightly.

"Think, Adrien." Marinette continued. "If we convinced him that we are a couple..."

"Because we are, Marinette!" Adrien interjected.

"Well, your dad still doesn't know that because you haven't told him yet..." she muttered harshly but winked immediately to let him know that it was a joke. "So, if we convince him your dad that we love each other..."

"It won't be difficult..." he interrupted again, embracing her.

"Adrien!!!" kwamis shouted at him. "She won't finish again!"

"What an unbearable boy!" Plagg added.

"So..." Marinette continued, putting her finger on his lips as she had done before when she was talking about the spell book. And he, like he had done then, kissed it. "If we convince him about our feelings, and at the same time we will play that Ladybug dislikes Cat Noir, maybe Hawkmoth will catch the bait and stop suspecting us?"

"This is... a great idea, Marinette!" Adrien exclaimed.

"You are perfect Ladybug, Marinette..." Master Fu stated.

"I told you, Master!" Tikki added significantly.

"There is a chance this will protect you a bit." Master Fu agreed. "But I must take additional steps to ensure your safety. Your miraculous are too valuable to risk losing them. I think you will need two or maybe three superheroes for help."

"Three?!" Wayzz exclaimed. "Why are you doing this to me, Master?!"

"Wayzz, you've been my companion for the last hundred years, but I need to find you a new holder. I'm too weak to face Hawkmoth."

"Master, it's been an honour for me." Wayzz replied, bowing.

"I will miss you, my friend." Master Fu said. And there were tears in his eyes.