The Wedding! (Almost)

AN: You guys will understand the title when you read the end... (By the way, HOH spoilers ahead)

Percy and Annabeth were not a typical couple (this has been said before).

For example, instead of nursing hangovers the day of their wedding (from very intense hen/stag parties), they were helping their friends out with their splitting headaches.

And boy were they bad.

Jason: "Ohhhh, man. Now I know how Dad felt when Athena was born."

Grover: "I feel like someone hit me over the head with my own cudgel"

Frank: "You remember that time when my dads were fighting in my head? Yeah this is much worse."

Leo: "So worth it! What'd I burn last night!"

While Annabeth had to deal with:

Athena: "Last night was NOT a wise decision!"

Sally: "I haven't partied like that since my own wedding."

Thalia: "I'm not going to be able to see my bowstring clearly for a week!"

While outwardly faking sympathy for their friends, Annabeth and Percy were very amused with their friends. They both remembered all of the previous night, so it would make for good stories.

Percy and the boys had the easy job, they were simply wearing tuxedoes. It was a simple job, even for demigods...until they reached the bow ties.

"How do you tie this FREAKING thing?" growled Percy while holding the tie in the air.

All the others were facing similar difficulties.

And an obvious solution also appeared.

"DAD?! How'd you do that?"

"Percy, you are one of my greatest sons ever, but did you really forget that being the god of sailors, I have to know every knot that ever existed?"

"Oh."

LINEBREAK

Annabeth, meanwhile was trying to fend off Aphrodite's attempts at covering her whole face in make-up.

"No! Percy doesn't like it that way. All I want, reluctantly I might add, is a little eyeshadow, blush and mascara. That's it."

After much arguing and griping, Annabeth had her way and was dressed in a flowing, one-shoulder Greek-style wedding dress that was fitted with an empire waist. Her hair was up in the back with a few curls escaping to frame her face. She had a necklace on with a single pearl that Percy had found for her at the bottom of the sea.

The girls were dressed in turquoise dresses that came to the knee, and was fitted. Thalia had a special crown to denote her Maid of Honor status.

It was the fairy tale wedding she'd always wanted.

LINEBREAK

So in the end, life was how it always was with the couple. Percy's side was chaotic and fun, while Annabeth's side was more calm and relaxed. But the air of excitement for the wedding, well, it was hard to say who was more joyous.

If only Hera could be on their good side...

AN: So, yeah, bit of foreshadowing there, but I hope you liked the humor! I just can't imagine Percy getting ready for his wedding without some sort of snag and we all know Aphrodite's a meddler (Shh, I never said that. She's already made my nonexistent love life interesting)

Look for an update in about a week, and ciao!

😋

~AnaSingerReader 🎼📖