Chapter 1

"I'm sorry, Mrs.Braxton", is all Dr.Nimmons can say to my mother, with sad eyes.

My mother fighting back tears can only ask, "How-how long?"

"5 months", is her response.

I knew I was sick I just never thought it could be this bad. When I heard the words leave her mouth my throat became dry, and I just wanted to hug the strongest women I knew, my mom. But right now she couldn't even be strong, and I felt guilty for it.

"Do you have anything to say Peyton", my mother ask me with a tear rolling down her face.

"N-no I just wanna go home", I manage to stammer out without crying.

We were soon in are car I just wanted to sleep, like always now. It wasn't your typical sad day it was the perfect day to be out with friends, movies, skating, and normal things NORMAL kids do. I turned on my favorite music station the one my mother hates usually changes it, but this time she left it. I shortly fell asleep on our ride back home because of the warm sun it felt good and calming, the only calming thing in my life at the moment.

My mother woke me up when we pulled up in our drive way.

"Peyton wake up honey", my mother said in a calm sweet voice.

I could see she had been crying the whole ride home. Her eyes were red and puffy , her massacre had ran down her face. I got up and walked inside. Before I got to the stairs my mother asked me a dumb question.

"Peyton, do you want anything?", she said sniffing.

I just wanted to scream and say "YEAH, JUST ONE MORE DAY, OR WEEK, CAN I JUST MAKE IT TO 18! HUH IS 18 TO MUCH TO ASK FOR", but I could only manage to say very softly "No".

With that I headed upstairs, and down stairs was another annoying argument between my parents. They've been fighting more now that I've been sick, and it's over dumb stuff like if I should go outside or stay in. I just buried my head in my pillow waiting for it to stop. Before I knew it it was already 7:30.

"Damnit I fell asleep again", is what I said as I woke up to the sun setting.

When I went downstairs I saw Val. She's been there for through every since 3rd grade. She was the first one I told I was sick. She's the only one I have now. All my other friends stopped coming around when all did was sleep and didn't wanna go out to party. But Val stuck through it all and still is.

"Peyton! I'm so happy you're awake", she screamed in a whisper manner.

"Hey Val", I said very tiredly.

"Girl I have so much tea to spill", Val said messing around trying to make me laugh.

"Well then come upstairs", I said laughing.

We went up stairs well Val ran I walked...slowly. We reached my room and I headed for the bed and Val closed the door.

"Okay so any news? Are you kicking it's ass like I told you", she said way to proudly for me.

I struggled to get the words out, "N-no I only have 5 months Val".

She showed a second of sadness on her face but then replied, "Anything can change in 5 months, but for now lets live like its our last", she said then suddenly realized what she said.

"I didn't mean it like that", Val said feeling guilty.

"Relax I know now spill the tea", is all I said trying to let not what Val said bother me.

We stayed up late well for me anyways. We laughed for what felt like forever. Watched all types of things on Netflix and Hulu. I fell asleep around 1am and Val just stayed with me like the good friend she was.

We woke up to the smell of pancakes and they smelt delicious. We went down to grab some and come back to my room shortly after.

"Okay I have to leave in an hour, so what'd you wanna do?", Val asked me hoping for a good response.

I couldn't think of one so I just said, "Bucket-list?"

"What?", she asked me looking very confused.

"A buck-list you know something you make of all the things you wanna do in life, and since I only have 5 months why don't we make one?"

"First off you're gonna live a long healthy life, and second off okay let's do it!", she said excitedly.

And with that we went right on to it making our bucket-list. It was actually fun surprisingly and I found out a lot of things I want to do. I mean they will never happen for the simple fact I only have 5 months to live, but I can keep wishing and I might be able to do some of those things of my bucket-list.