Chapter 1

Sodalite frantically pulled on her shoes, hopping a bit to keep her balance as she awaited her sisters arrival.

She heard the groggy footsteps of Tugtupite coming down the hallway. Her steps echoed through their new small apartment quite loudly, making a slight tick go off in Sodalite's head. She had always hated the sound of people walking.

"Hey, Tug! Just splash some water on that ugly face and hURRY UP!" She shouted as she pulled on her shoes at last.

Her sister groaned a bit as she came down, throwing on a coat to fit in. Though she wasn't bothered by the cold, it would be weird if she walked out of the house in 40 degree weather with just a t-shirt and sweatpants.

Sodalite grabbed her sisters hand, opening the door and abruptly pulling them both out. Her face lit up even as she saw the horrible part of town they lived in. Crummy, but it was all they could afford near UA.

They dashed down the street, the cold air seemingly jolting Tug awake from whatever daze she had been in. She smiled slightly at her ecstatic sister.

Soda bought two tickets onto the train to bring them closer to the school. Her legs shook slightly and she fidgeted with her fingers. Not nervous-

Excited.

She brought her pale blue hands up to her gem and sighed. It had gotten broken in an unfortunate car crash. Or at least, that was what she had told everyone.

Tug looked away, hoping this miracle doctor would be able to help her sister out. Her cracked gem had been disorienting Soda, and sometimes she even seemed to see things that weren't there. It had scared Tug out of her mind.

"Hey do you think we'll see any kids?"Soda asked as she gave her sister a bright smile.

"School hasn't even started yet, dork," Tug scoffed as she tugged on a pink curl in her hair.

Soda huffed and leaned her head into her palms, giving a slight pout. Tug just sighed and patted her head with a hand.

"Oh look, we're almost there!" Tug pointed out to distract her eager sister.

Soda turned to look out the window of the fast-moving train, seeing that their surroundings had changed into extraordinary office buildings and adorable houses. Her face was practically beaming as she pressed her hands and cheeks against the dirty glass.

Tug pried her off, sweat-dropping at all the germs that ought to be on her face now.

They sat in silence for a few moments, watching the scenery with awed expressions until the train came to a halting stop. Soda stood on shaky legs, her face suddenly lighting up at the thought of being healed at last. The crack had given her a sort of achy feeling all the time, and it never really went away. It was beginning to get on her nerves.

Tug held her arm as the two of them stepped off the train, both of them grinning like fiends.

This is it. My shot.

Walking the few blocks to the school, Soda nearly ran the entire thing. She was getting desperate, needing to be in the school now, now, now.

She did run when she saw the gates. Ran right through them with Tug speed walking to catch up. To lazy to run, this was the best she could do.

"COME ON YOU LAZY ASS! GET MOVINNN!" Soda shouted as she fist pumped the air.

"Ok, ok! Settle down Soda," She said as she approached her, still slow as ever.

Her little sister began clenching and unclenching her hands, hopping from one foot to the other as she smiled ferociously. Her pigtails bounced along with her, making her seem a lot taller than she actually was.