It All Falls Down

@TheNil: how @LuLu and I creep on the guys when they offer coffee and hot cocoa

-
@Lulu: you got that right! What an old photo too!
@TheNil: I know! Sorry I never posted it I forgot it existed!
@User1: it's too hot for hot cocoa
@TheNil: ^ignored
@User2: hot cocoa is perfect for any time of the year!
@TheNil: ^agreed
~

"Could you stop fucking around on your phones while we're hanging out ya cunts," Mason throws a pillow at Lu and Nil with a laugh.

"Sorry sorry, forgot to post yesterday." Nil shrugs and puts her phone away.

"And she tagged me so of course I had to go see what it was!" Lu defends herself and throws the pillow back at Mason.

"Should we order more food?" Cams voice comes from the kitchen where he was most likely attacking some left overs from earlier.

"If you're still hungry," Mason calls back.

"Not really but we're running low and if anyone else is then we should just order more so everyone can have some," Cam explains as he comes back into the room. Nil and him lock eyes but immediately look away from eachother. It had been almost a month since he confessed and three weeks since Nil's failed confession and it hadn't been super awkward but everyone could tell something was up.

"I might get hungry later but we can worry about that when it happens," Lu smiles, trying to keep the conversation going.

Mason had invited the crew over to hang out and Cam had been flown into town for an interview with a news company so he dropped by.

"Wanna play more games? Or should we watch some tele?" Jay asks as he grabs the remote.

"Toby on the tele?" Nil jokes and everyone laughs.

"We could probably find a movie or something on. Just channel surf for a bit," Mason offers and Jay nods as he starts flipping through the channels. He pauses for a second on a local news channel and raises his eye brows at the fire on the screen. Some idiots had been doing fireworks and set their house on fire which in turn set their neighbors house on fire and now it looked like half of the block was on fire. He shakes his head at the idiocy of some people then switches the channel but jumps a bit when Nil stands up abruptly.

"Go back," she demands and he switches back to the news station.

"Why? It's not that interesting-" Jay starts but Nil is already out the front door and in her car. Lu jumps up to follow her but Mason grabs her arm.

"What the fuck?" His face is covered in confusion.

"That's our neighborhood!" Lu yells and pulls her arm away running out to her car. The other guys quickly follow but Mason doesn't have a car so they all hop in Cam's car and follow Lu.

By the time they arrive in the neighborhood they see Lu being held back by someone in front of a house that was engulfed in flames. They all hop out of the car and run over to her, looking for Nil.

"Where's Nil?" Jay asks but he's cut off by Cam bumping into him as he runs towards the house that was engulfed, only for him to be tackled by a pedestrian.

"You can't go in there you fucking idiot! You'll die!" The civilian yells at Cam but he continues to struggle.

Out of nowhere one of the windows explodes and the scream that came from Lu didn't sound human. Jay and Mason take her from the person that was holding her back and try to calm her down.

"Someone explain something! Fucking anything!" Mason yells.

"She's in there! She ran in! I couldn't stop her!" Lu manages out between sobs.

"Let go of me you fucking asshole I have to get her out!" Cam wrestles with the person that was holding him down.

Another window in the house pops causing another scream come from Lu but it's covered by a third window breaking and Nil jumping out of it. She rolls a bit and sits up quickly examining the thing in her arms. Cam throws the person on him off, not caring if he actually hurt him as he rushes over to Nil. Mason, Jay, and Lu quickly follow.

"What are you thinking?! Are you okay?!" Lu asks falling to her knees and looking over Nil.

"I got it, it's safe," Nil coughs out, tears running down her face.

"You ran back in your house for a fucking plant?" Mason asks and Nil just nods, hugging the small potted succulent to her chest.

"You're covered in soot, can you breathe alright?" Lu asks and Nil shakes her head, her breathes coming in short.

"Medic! We need a medic over here!" Jay calls out towards the huge medical staff that were in the street waiting for survivors to be brought to them. One of them quickly makes his way over to them.

Cam can't say anything but he kneels next to Nil and puts his hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at him, "Would you like me to hold it for you? While the medical team looks at your wounds." He offers in a gentle voice. Nil can't even speak as more tears pour down her cheeks she hands the small succulent over to him as the doctor starts asking her questions.

After a few minutes she's taken away to an ambulance so they can give her an oxygen tank and Cam carefully brushes some ashes off of the leaves and out of the dirt.

"Why would she run back into her house for some dumb plant?" Mason asks.

"That's the succulent her mom left her when she died. If I remember correctly it's also the only belonging she took with her besides her phone and some clothes when her father sent her away from home. So I don't think it's just some dumb plant to her," Lu frowns and wipes the tears from her face, still worried about her friend.

Cam opens his mouth to say something but his phone goes off telling him he's received a text. He pulls it out and quickly opens it when he sees it's from Nil.

Nil: Please take care of my succulent for me
Cam: what? What do you mean?

"Did she come back over here?" The doctor runs over to them.

"Who?" Jay asks.

"The girl I just brought from over here, I put her in the ambulance and left for two seconds to grab a clean oxygen mask but she disappeared." The doctor explains.

"She what?!" Lu yells and quickly starts looking around.

"She didn't come this way, we didn't see her." Mason yells the doctor and he nods going back towards the ambulances to help others.

"Well if you see her tell her to get some bed rest," he instructs as he leaves.

"Where did she go?" Lu's voice cracks, tears starting to build up again.

"She told me to take care of it," Cam manages out, his voice cracking a bit.

"Oh no," Lu says as she grabs Cam's phone looking at the messages, "she's gone."

"What do you mean?" Jay looks from Lu to Cam.

"She left." Lu breaks into tears again.