Chapter Thirteen: The Witch

Hey readers! Just wanted to give a heads up, if you read my other book, The Unfortunate Betrothal, be prepared to find spoilers! These two books have a HUGE connection to each other😊

🌹🌹🌹

"This is the most precious time of the day," Vulcan tells me as we watch the sun slowly dropping behind white puffy clouds. The storm that had been coming suddenly disappeared as if it weren't there all along. It is odd, but not completely unnatural. Plus, assuming that this is another realm the weather must be so different.

The water from the ocean has settled, creeping up onto the sand instead of crashing. We sit at the edge of it, the water occasionally reaching out feet.

"It is beautiful," I agree, as my eyes scan over the orange colored sky with tints of reds and purples. "Not as breathtaking as your dragon form though," I admit to him. His head snaps in my direction with a smile of adoration.

"He says your even more breathtaking," Vulcan compliments back which I was about to thank him, but when he said he my mouth shut and my eyes went wide.

He?!

"That's right, you don't know," he awkwardly scratches his head. "The dragon you saw is me, but also another being as well?" He questioned him himself making it harder for me to understand.

"How do I say this?" He wonders, laughing nervously. "Remember the story I told you on our walk here?"

"I do, but you said that they're just stories," I say confused.

"Not exactly," he shamefully admits. "I didn't want you to think terribly of me, since you saw me as a demon already. To be honest with you, the creatures I mentioned are dragons and one of them happens to be my father."

"Your father?!" I subconsciously stand up shook at the news he tells me.

He looks up at me, saddened that he wasn't completely honest from the start. "Part of the creatures that were made lives in me, that would be him, my dragon, Baron."

"How is that possible?"

"It isn't entirely impossible," he pauses sighing at even thinking about it. "It's just complicated..."

"Vulcan," a voice appears behind us, cutting our conversation short. "I figured you may need clothes," Ace is walking towards us with a pile of clothes neatly folded in his hands.

"We'll continue our conversation later, Elaine," Vulcan reassures me, knowing that I had more questions for him.

"Rina has returned if you wish to see her now," Ace tells Vulcan as he hands the clothes to him. Vulcan nods his head.

Ace smirks. "You both do know there are rooms available in the castle, it is romantic getting frisky on the beach though," he winks at me and my face flushes red.

"Ace," Vulcan glares in his direction, growling as if he were giving him a warning.

Ace's eyebrow perks up knowing he's hit a nerve and continues on daringly. "How is it seeing a man naked, Elaine?"

In a blink of an eye, Vulcan has Ace by his throat. "Speak to her with impoliteness again and I will rip out that tongue of yours," Vulcan's tone is dark, his violet eyes growing darker by the second.