Chapter 13

5 years later

"I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia..and forget about the stupid little things.."

"Ok guys! We've had a lot of fun here on MTV, but sadly we have to leave.." Luke spoke into the mike and smiled despite everyone in the crowd made a huge and simultaneous "awww".

"But we're gonna play one more song for you just cuz we love ya!" Calum said from beside him, holding his bass close to his body. Luke smiled at him and he smiled back and nodded. He then turned to Michael on the other side and nodded. Michael grinned toothily and yelled into the mike.

"Get ready for Amnesia!!"

Screams echoed throughout the stage. Luke never got tired of them, he knew the booys didn't either, they loved it. It gave them such a rush that they felt like they could do this forever and ever.

Luke let Michael play on his acoustic guitar as the lights dimmed and the screams quietened once they recognized the soft strumming. Luke bit his lip and rolled it into his mouth, it eased him, the feeling of the cold and metallic taste of his lip ring, when he was about to sing. Especially this song. He had someone to thank, without them, he wouldn't have written these songs with his best friends. They wouldn't be where they were today.

"You guys have been great!!" Luke laughed into the mike when Ashton yelled out as Calum was about to sing. Calum sent him a glare before turning back to his microphone. Luke watched him close his eyes, then open them at the same time he opened his mouth.

"I drove by all the places you used to hang out; getting wasted, I thought about our last kiss; how it felt, the way you tasted.."

It was uncontrollable, and almost annoying, but Luke needed it. He needed that stinging feeling of hurt in his chest. It was a scar that marred his heart, the very inspiration. They had no idea though, they al thought this was about Fionna.

It was stupid. It was ages ago. But that's when this song was made. He always thought about that one thing that inspired him. He did think about the day he took her to their secret place, the day he brought beer and they were both still underage, but they had an amazing time. Her angelic laughs filled his mind. The ones that ached his heart and creeped their way into his dreams; haunting him. He remembered the way they spoke to each other, all of the variations of their conversations; rude, sarcastic, sweet, normal, they talked about everything. He yearned to hear her voice desperately. He wanted her to say something, anything. Even if it was just one word, he would hang onto that word for the rest of his life if he had to.

Their last kiss...

It gave Luke shivers to even think about those thoughts he thought he locked away for eternity, yet he thought about them every single day.

"And even though your friends tell me you're doing fiiine..are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you? When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you? Sometimes i start to wonder was it just a lie?"

Was it? Was it all a crooked dream? If it was, he wanted to stay asleep forever, just to see her smile. Even the shy one when she tried to hide it. The one that made her freckles pop.

"If what we had was real, how could you be fine?"

How could she? Luke was hurting, dying, writhing...she didn't seem affected at all. That hurt Luke the most.

"Cuz I'm not fine at all.."

He swore the memory would never in a million years be wiped clean from his mind, not even with one of those MIB tools that flash in your face. It would take a billion of those to erase her tear stricken face from his aching brain.