one

published: january 1st, 2021

note: ever since i started drafting up the idea for "love me, please?" in my head, i always thought i would write a sequel to it told from louis' pov, so here it is! as the last book was only told through harry's pov, you guys only saw what he saw, and you didn't understand why louis was doing certain things until louis himself explained it to harry. so here's the story told from louis' pov, so you'll get both sides of the story. reading "love me, please?" before you read this isn't necessary, though i would recommend it, or you could read both at the same time to get the maximum effect!

the sequel was originally just going to be called "love me, please? book 2" (lame, i know) but i decided to name it "i'll love you for a lifetime" because it's sort of the answer to the question "love me, please?" which is sort of cute, right? no? just me? anyways...

i'm not really sure how this is going to go, if this story will be longer or shorter than "love me, please?" but i hope you'll still enjoy it! you're always welcome to give me any suggestions or ask any questions you may have about the story. i also most likely won't be updating regularly but enjoy the first chapter for now!

*****

It was the first day of school, and Louis already wanted to go home.

He missed his comfy bed and his fairy lights and his stuffies - he didn't exactly miss the chaos of his younger sisters, but he missed his mum and he wished he could just go back home. It didn't help that walking through the front gates, he could already see the hordes of his fellow students and the crowds made him so nervous. Seeing so many people scared him and he might've almost run all the way back home if Niall didn't have a tight grip on his wrist and was dragging him towards the campus.

He'd been shy and quiet all his life - he pretty much only hung out with Zayn and Niall, two of his closest friends that he'd known for ages - and he wasn't looking forward to spending time with so many people that he didn't know. He liked the learning, sure, but being trapped in a tight space with hundreds of other people for nine hours a day wasn't exactly what Louis would call ideal.

Besides, it wasn't like he had a lot going for him this year. He had two friends and a handful of acquaintances, a couple clubs he'd join, new things he'd learn... just like every other year. 

Here we go again, he thought as he walked through the front gates, being tugged along rather forcefully by Niall. Just another school year.

Little did he know, however, there was a curly-haired, green-eyed boy hidden in the crowd just a couple meters away from him that was going to make this year very, very different.

*****

His first class was English, which, luckily for him, he shared with Zayn.

He spotted a few familiar faces in the scattered group of students as he and Zayn waited inside their English classroom for their teacher, which was somewhat comforting; however, he also spotted a few unfamiliar faces and faces of people he didn't exactly, well, like, which wasn't so comforting. At least he had Zayn, though, so he wasn't totally alone in this class.

Louis envied Zayn sometimes - Zayn was so cool, so calm, so collected, and Louis knew that everyone around him thought the same. Neither Louis nor Zayn were exactly "people people"; Niall was, which meant almost everyone knew him and he was friendly with everybody, but Louis and Zayn didn't have a plethora of friends like Niall did. Louis knew, however, that because Zayn was so good-looking and mysterious, everyone at school knew who he was and a lot of them probably crushed on him, too. 

Louis, on the other hand, was nobody.

He was shy, mousy, plain and just average-looking, with no notable qualities at all, except that maybe he had decent grades. He was so sure he was only known by the rest of his classmates as the kid who was friends with Zayn, the mysterious heartthrob, and Niall, the social butterfly. Louis supposed it wasn't the worst thing to be known by, but... well. It wasn't the best, either.