35

Devyani devi looked at her son,grandson,grand daughter,Sashi Gupta,Garima Gupta and Payal,who were bound by chains like animals. She still could not grasp who they offended. All their power,money was wasted as it was not able to protect them. Only one who was not caught was her illiterate daughter-in law,Manorama.
    Devyani Mallik along with her family members could clearly recall what had happened that led them here...
   Flashback------

          Some days after Khushi's return.....
       Malliks and Guptas were feeling dread. Each and evey organization of theirs like clubs,bars,hotels,restaurants,brothrels were being attacked. Even their side business, a construction company was suffering huge blows. And they had not even got single hair strand of their enemy. It was like shadows were attacking them. And it was the day when the mysterious chief of their crime syndicate had called for a meeting. Everyone was nervous, as their Chief was known for being heartless and cruel.
    Finally the door opened with a creak and foot steps could be heard. Nobody raised their head,showing respect.
    The Chief slowly walked past them. And they only got to see ash gray saree. It was surprise to know the leader was a woman.
    "You may all raise your heads" said the assistanct of the chief.
      Slowly everyone raised their head and looked ahead towards the head chair. And the first one to react was Anjali.
   She gasped loudly looking at the figure on the chair.
    Hearing her gasp,all others looked towards the chair as well. And what they saw made them shocked..
   On the chair sat Devyani devi,the old fashioned,pious,soft speaking,loving Devyani devi,the matriarch of Mallik family.
    "Nani?" Whispered anjali doubting her own eyes.
   "Yes Anjali,I am your Nani" replied Devyani devi from her chair.
   "But dadi when did you become the chief of our syndicate" asked confused Akash.
   "I became the chief before you were even born. After my husband died,but before that also I was the mind of this organization" said Devyani devi smirking.
    "Okay now stop with your irrational questions. Let's discuss our main objective here" snapped Devyani devi in cold voice.
    "Our syndicate is in the verge of death. What is happening,why is it happening?Can anyone answer me?" shouted Devyani devi in anger.
    All standing in front of her trembled. Now they believed that it was she who was their chief.
    "You cannot answer. You are all so busy with your personal life that you could not find what is happening around,huh" bashed the chief.
     "Nani,we tried to find who they are. But they approach like shadows and even CCTV can't capture them" Anjali tried to explain with her voice trembling in fear.
   "Don't justify yourself. Whoever it was,they were not God,who will dissaper as he wished. It's your incapability that you should be ashamed of" roared Devyani Mallik.
    All shuddered in dread hearing her roaring. It was terrifying.
    "I have been looking into this matter. And whoever is doing this has personal vendatta against us. These people who attack,they are swift and they don't hesitate to kill. They are like killing machines. And they appear and dissaper like thin air. I guess they are either someone from foreign gangs or they are from special forces" said Devyani devi trying hard to maintain her calms otherwise she was all ready to kill her own family with her own hands for their foolish behavior.
    And the words of Devyani devi was enough to break chaos in the hall.
    What kind of chaos it was???

   To know,wait for next chapter...