Glitch in the Animus (Shay Patrick Cormac x Modern! Assassin! Reader) pt.4

An-part of the series requested by user36811464 and pushed ahead by @PhoebeClark4 (love ya lass)

Altaïr stood at the door while Ezio, and all three Kenways stood in front of him looking sorry for themselves.

"How on earth did you manage to destroy this WHOLE apartment?!" He cried. The men in front of him frowned and winced at how loud the Syrian became.

"(Y/n) took you in, fed you, clothed you, has given you all attention and love in this new world. She deserves better than this!" He said while slamming his hand on the counter. The men flinched as the large man pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I want this entire apartment cleaned NOW!" He shouted. The men scurried about and Altaïr looked around and saw the mess. There were clothes strewn about on the floor and coffee stains on the counters (thanks Ezio)

"I can't believe you guys. She deserves respect and you blatantly disrespect her. You honestly deserve..." Altaïr was cut off by a man suddenly holding a blade to his throat.

"Assassin scum. Where have you brought me?" The Irish voice hissed in his ear. Altaïr turned to face the Templar and then sighed deeply.

"Haytham! Your Irish friend has arrived!" He called while looking to the bathroom. Haytham emerged from the bathroom wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans.

"Grandmaster?" The man mumbled while lowering his weapon. Haytham smiled and embraced his friend tightly.

"Welcome Shay. We have some explaining to do." He said while pulling his friend to the couch. The men spent time getting to know each other while explaining to Shay where he was and what was going on. They filled him in on history and other things. Shay took it well and easily agreed to help his new friends fix the apartment while Altaïr supervised.

(Y/n)'s day was going terrible. She had been late to college by a car accident that people just couldn't stop watching. She failed a test because she was so sleep deprived (Edward snores, LOUDLY) and currently, she was pressed against the wall of the bathroom where three girls were beating her up. She braced herself as she felt their tall heels digging into her stomach as the kicks made contact with her stomach. Her eye was blackened and she tasted blood in her mouth.

She was soon saved by the bell as the school day ended and she needed to head to her job. She had taken on a second job as a bartender at the local bar called "Bad Weather" she had made a friend there named Desmond and he understood her predicament. While he had never questioned her, he assured her he didn't know anything about the Assassins or Templars.

She driver herself down to the tavern and she thew on her uniform and name tag. She hurried behind the bar and smiled at Desmond who walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Poor girl. Where did you get this shiner?" He asked while pointing to her eye. She shrugged and hugged him back.

"Let's just get this shift over with. Then I can go home and relax." She mumbled. Desmond patted her back and went back to serving the nice gentleman who ordered a drink.

———
"So Shay. How are you fitting in?" Ezio asked while taking a swig from a Mountain Dew can. That was his new favorite drink since first tasting it when he got here.

"Alright. It's an adjustment for sure. These clothes are strange but I will get used to it. With time I'm sure I will fit it just fine." He said while pulling at the red shirt he had received from Ezio.

(Y/n)'s Ex boyfriend had passed in s car accident and left all of his clothes here with her. She moved on but kept the clothes in case she ever needed them for crafts or something. Altaïr has left Ezio in charge of the apartment while he was out getting groceries.