Chapter 28

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

'This is it...'

I looked up at the restaurant in front of me, Maou texted me the address to where we were going to meet up for dinner earlier, so I sighed and walked into the restaurant.

"Irasshaimase!" The waiter greeted me as I walked through the door, I looked around the restaurant to spot familiar faces, and when I did, I gave a smile and walked over to the two roommates.

"Hello Maou, Ashiya" I smiled, the two of them looked up to see me.

"(Y/n), glad you could make it" Maou smiled, jesturing me to sit across from him were they left empty. I did as such and say across from him with Ashiya in beside the two of us (the tables are circular).

"Well I guess I should just come out and say it..." Maou started, "I am sincerely sorry for what happened yesterday, and I'm ashamed for making you upset" he looked right into my eyes as he apologised, meaning it was really genuine.

"It's okay Maou, I understand completely. All you wanted is to protect your world, and now I'm involved in all of this, I know you didn't mean to hurt me or anyone, you were simply doing what you believed was for the best" I told him quietly, making sure nobody else could hear our conversation.

"Right, but I still believe I went overboard with how I approached the situation, I was so angry and hurt, but that's no excuse" Mao replied as he rested a finger against his mouth, his eyes gazing elsewhere.

"I understand, how about we put all of that behind us and enjoy tonight?" I asked with a smile, the both of them agreed and we picked up our menus.

After a minute, the waiter appeared with a notebook in hand, "hello, are you ready to order?" He asked the three of us with a polite smile, "I'll have the yakitori, what about you guys?" I asked Maou and Ashiya.

"Katsudon for me" Ashiya replied, Maou looked at the menu a little longer before he put it down and replied "I'll have a Shoyu Ramen, thanks" Mao replied.

The waiter bowed and left the table, leaving the three of us alone, there was an awkward silence between the three of us, not having a topic to talk about, until I broke the silence.

"So Maou... How's work?" I asked him, this seemed to lighten the mood thankfully, "today was pretty good, we weren't too busy but still had us on our toes" he replied, "but Chi dropped fries on the floor again".

"Oh dear" I chucked softly at the young girl's misfortune, "again? She's done this before?" I asked the dark haired boy. "Yeah, It happens at least twice a week" he replied.

"Our manager is a very considerate woman however, so Chi hasn't been fired" He scratched the side of his head awkwardly.

"But how about you? Urushihara told me you work on a website? How's that going?" Maou asked me, making my eyes widen ever so slightly, remembering my current situation.

"Oh... Well turns out, I was forced to resign" I told the two as I looked down at my hands, twiddling my thumbs nervously.

"You were fired?" Ashiya asked me, which I replied with a nod. Maou raised his hand to his chin, as if in thought.

"I see... I'm sorry, that's unfortunate" he told me, "it's okay" I replied quickly.

"This just means I have to go out into the real world and get a job, I have a close eyed smile, showing my optimism.

"That's the spirit, (l/n)" Maou encouraged me. "I'm sure you'll find another job soon, you're an intelligent young woman" Ashiya smiled softly, I blushed at their praise and compliments.

"Keep in mind however, you're always welcome to work at MgRonalds with Chi and I, we could train you too" Mao offered kindly, but I wasn't sonsure about his suggestion.

I don't think MgRonalds is a good place to work, retail was never on my bucket list due to my introverted life, customers in and out all day, some come back to complain about their food, greasy floors...

"Thanks Maou, I'll keep that in mind" I smiled politely, and before anymore could be said, the waiter returned with our orders.

"Yakitori, Shoyu Ramen and a Katsudon" the waiter placed our orders infront of us and bowed before leaving us to eat.

****

"I'm stuffed" Mao sighed as he finished up his Katsudon bowl, Ashiya had fallen asleep for some reason, and I finished my Yakitori some time ago.

I grabbed out my wallet and placed down the amount for all three of us, astonishing Maou.

"(Y/n), you don't have to pay for us, this is my treat remember?" Mao replied to me, but I shook my head "it's okay, I just want to repay you for all of those time you invited me over for dinner" I replied, he was about to protest again, but the waiter came by to take our empty plates/bowls, I gave him the cheque, he smiled and walked off.

"You're too kind (y/n), I can see why Urushihara cares so deeply for you" Maou smiled sincerely, making a blush rise to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Well, we should probably get back to the apartments, Urushihara will probably get impatient and want me to bring home food, But right now I have to wake up Ashiya" Mao replied.