Detention Buddies

Nash Imagine Part 2

As promised, anytime Nash had detention, and he knew you also had detention we were spending it sitting together early in the morning, most times making fun of "Mr.Never Gets Laid" Who usually ended up adding onto our detention for the harsh jokes. You and Nash had grown extremely close, you found it easy to joke around with him, and the both of you flirted consistently without ever realizing it. Your relationship exceeded the classroom, you guys stopped in the hallways to talk to each other, or tell the other what eventful thing had happened in your previous class. Not only had the friendship extended out of detention but you texted often. Nash had become your other half practically; he was you in a male's body. Today, you once again had detention, this one being extended from the last because you came in late, and because you and Nash played a prank on the detention teacher while he excused himself to go pee. You couldn't help but smile when you saw the beautifully mischievous boy sitting in his usual seat.

"Ms. Y/L/N, it's nice of you to grace us with your presence." He joked as you came into the room, Mr.Never Gets Laid, eyes shot to the clock hanging on the wall about the door, then shot Nash a look realizing I was on time, and he was just making fun of him.

"What a surprise to see you here, Mr. Grier. You usually skip detentions until mandatory." You shoot back, causing a large smile to erupt on his lips and you sat down.

"How long do you think it will be till he leaves?" He whispers, looking back at the teacher to make sure he didn't see the two of you talking. One time he did, and he separated you, causing the morning to be not as fun as it usually is.

"Give it 10 minutes, when I walked by he was half-way through his coffee and I didn't see a muffin wrapper which means he hasn't been to the teachers' lounge, where I pray he runs into Ms. Jones, because then he will attempt to flirt with her and that will give us that much more time to screw off in here." You rambled, looking at Nash you realized he was laughing at you, well, stifling a laugh as a small smile played at his lips.

A small blush crept onto your cheeks before you finally managed to mutter a "What?"

"Nothing, nothing. I just find it really cute when you ramble." He explained, and then quickly added "and blush, especially when it's because of something I did or said."

Your blush deepened in color, causing him to chuckle softly and reach across the table to remove a piece of hair from your face.

"Listen, I know we haven't really been friends that long but I was kind of wondering if you might want to go on a date with me?" he asked later that day as the two of you stood near his locker.

The smile on your face answered the question but it didn't stop you from letting out a squeal followed by a yes, and a kiss on the cheek.