New Friend | | Child! Kid x Child! Reader

I was having a fun day at the park with my best friend Killer. We always hang out with each other since our parents get along pretty well and visited each other often. Our friendship was pretty much forced on us, but since we clicked really easily, it didn't feel like we were together just because we had to.

"(Y/n)!" Killer shouted happily. "Let's go play on the swings!"

"Ok!" I replied in an equally happy tone.

The two of us ran over to the vacant swings and I sat down on one of them. Killer doesn't sit down on the one next to me, but he gently pushes me on the swing until I get to a certain point. He usually does that before he takes a seat on the swing and does it himself. I would offer to do it as well, but he would refuse it and say that he only does it because it makes him happy. Not sure what pushing me on the swing would make him happy, but I mean if he feels that way, I can't say no.

"When you swing really high, it's like we can touch the sky!" I giggled.

"Agreed." he smiled softly.

"And then we could suffocate our enemies with the clouds!"

"(Y/n)..." Killer deadpanned.

"Joking~!" I laughed before whispering under my breath. "Slightly..."

Killer gave me a wry smile before looking straight ahead again. As the two of us swung on the swings, we continue our friendly banter of nonsense and laughed here and there. I'm glad I have someone who can understand my sense of humor on this island rather than just looking at me with a weird look on their face. It's quite sad really... they're missing out on all my jokes.

We finally stopped swinging on the swings and we were feeling a bit hungry since we were running around in the park earlier so we decided to go to the street where food booths are usually set up and spend the money our parents usually give us before we head out to play. As we get to the street, it was pretty busy than usual. Killer looked at the street humming to himself and his face became contorted and flushed as if he were having a battle with his inner thoughts on what to do. He then relaxes slightly and held his hand out to me, but his he was still facing ahead of him as if he were trying to avoid my gaze. I look at him weirdly, but I still took his hand into mine.

"It's so we don't get separated." he said calmly.

"Oh, pfft, why didn't you just say so?" I laughed nonchalantly.

Killer doesn't reply, but his ears grew red and his grip on my hand tightened slightly. We walk through the street and I bought myself (F/f) while Killer bought himself some aglio e olio, his favorite. The two of us walk to a nearby bench and take a seat as we began to enjoy our hot meal. However, as we were eating, we heard distant yells from where we were. Killer and I give each other a confused look and decided to go check up on it. With our food in hand, we follow the sound and it led to an ally way and there was a red headed boy whose hair looked wild and untamed. There were also three other boys who seemed more our age and it seemed that they were trying to pull something from the red haired boy. I looked over at the object and it was a toy robot. I lightly shake my head at the scene and continued to watch along with Killer out of curiosity.

"Still building these stupid toys?" one of the boys sneered.

"Looks pretty flimsy." said another.

"Let me give it a new look!" said the boy who was pulling on the toy.

"Stop! It's mine!" the red haired boy cried out. "Let go!"

"Tsk! This isn't gonna get us anywhere! Just beat him until he lets go!" the boy who was pulling the toy commanded.