Watching

Shadow pov.

I've been starting to get some of my abilities back. I can see through their shadows, but only if their close together and I only have one perspective using that and I can't hear anything. I think I'm getting my ability to turn back into a regular shadow as well. I can squish myself down to a couple inches of thickness, but it's no where near as fluid as it once was.

Twirling a bit of my hair I look out the window. The princess is coming today and her feelings from the last time we saw each other have definitely changed. She no longer sees me as someone in need of a push, just another monster that has to die. I don't care too much, if she wants to be a bitch about me, she can be a bitch about me.

Groaning I see the carriage. I really don't want to spend the day stuck in this room doing nothing, but I must. I close the blinds so at the very least that won't bother me. Sitting on the bed I hear the others go down to greet her. Vio is a little slower, he tripped yesterday and twisted his ankle nothing too bad, he just has a little limp.

I might as well try to hear what they're  all talking about. Getting on the floor I shift into the closest I can get to a shadow. It feels so damn weird. I'm like a puddle of gelatin in this state. I know I'm a hazy black from when Green walked in on me testing this and told me, but, there isn't any big difference between my body parts.

Listening in I hear chuckling followed by the one female voice. "I'm thinking you should move back into the castle, I'll get you moved back within a month." this is a big shocker. She was the one wanting them to keep a low profile. So why does she now all of a sudden want them back? I have a bad feeling about all of this.

I may not care what she thinks of me, but it's a bit weird that it has made such a big change.