Chapter Two

"Hey, Goth." Said the sans, "I'm Palette."

Goth shook Palette's hand firmly. He noticed that Palette had a scar on his hand but didn't say anything.

"So, " Palette continued, "What's a sans like you doing in a place like this?"

Goth shrugged his shoulders. "I just needed a break, that's all"

"A break from what?"

"Everything."

"Like?"

Goth didn't like talking about his life. It made him feel miserable and suicidal. But, no matter how hard he would try to block out his sadness, it would always catch up to him.

Goth turned away from Palette and put his head down on the counter. "I...I don't really want to talk about it." Goth said, "It's personal."

Palette sighed. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I have my own personal problems too."

Goth raised his head. He doubted that a cheery and optimistic skeleton like this could compare with the things that he has to deal with. Still, he was curious to know. "Really?"

Palette beamed. "Of course."

Goth blushed a small bit of purple.

"So," said Palette, "Would you like to hang out with me tomorrow?"

Goth scratched the back of his head. He had never hung out with anyone before. In fact, he had nobody to hang out with. At school, he would be bullied just because he was a nerd. So, he had no friends at all.

This could be a great oppurtunity to finally gain a friend! Goth thought to himself.

"Sure," Goth replied with a shrug trying desperatley to look cool, "That sounds like it could be a lot of fun."

Palette smiled. "Great! I'll text you the address to my house in the morning."

"Okay."

Just then, Grillby came back to the counter and set two plates down. One was set in front of Goth and the other in front of Palette.

"Eat up boys," Grillby said, "We don't want our food to get cold now do we?"

Both skeletons nodded in agreement and began to eat their food.

When both skeletons finished their food, they paid Grillby, got up from their seats, and said their goodbyes.

"See ya later, Goth!" Palette shouted as he ran.

"Bye, Palette!" Goth shouted back.

As Goth walked home, he couldn't get his thoughts off of Palette. The way he talked. The way he laughed. The way he smiled. It was all a fresh handsom memory.

When Goth finally got to his house he reached for the doorknob but surprisingly, the door had opened by itself. Behind the door stood Geno, crying red tears.

"GOTH!!!" Geno ran towards Goth and pulled him into a tight embrace.

Suddenly, Reaper came running and stood at the doorway.

"Goth, oh you had me worried sick!" Geno said worrily, "You know that you shouldn't be outside this late at night"

"Sorry for worrying you, Geno," Goth said apologetically, "Next time it won't happen again."

"It better not." Reaper said grimly, "You know how worried Geno gets when it comes to you."

"Yeah," said Goth hanging his head, "I know."

Reaper sighed and walked slowly down the stairs. Then, he hugged Goth. "Son, we love you," he said, "We don't want anything bad happening to you."

Goth hugged both of his parents back, "I know," he said, "I love you guys too."

After clearing everything up with his parents, Goth went upstairs, took a shower, and then went to bed. While Goth was sleeping he was dreaming about Palette. His new crush.

TO BE CONTINUED...