Chapter 3

*4 years later*

Olivia was still living with her brother and Nat in their parents house. She was working as nurse at the same hospital as her mom and Winnie did with Nat. Over the last 4 years Sam and Carol and Clint and Wanda had moved back to Brooklyn so she worked with Carol and Wanda at the hospital as well. The guys were working at the fire department that their dads worked at. 

One morning she had the morning off and she had on a pair of booty shorts and a crop top and she walked downstairs and yawned as she walked into the kitchen and she heard "Olivia good morning you might want to go cover up we have company or rather a new room mate." 

She looked to see Bucky sitting at the bar top and she said "Oh I wasn't aware he was coming back to town." 

"It's good to see you Olivia looking all grown up I might add." he said as he took a sip of his coffee. 

She swallowed hard and said "Maybe your right Steve." 

She left the room and ran up the stairs and put some normal sleep pants and a tank top and a bra and walked back downstairs and back into the kitchen. "Feel better." Nat said 

"Yeah." she said as she went over to the Keurig and made herself a cup of coffee. 

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Olivia." Bucky said

She looked down and Nat said "Olivia what's wrong."

"It's nothing I'm still a little tired you know cause I was on call last night and came in around 5 this morning and now I have to go back to work." she said as she poured her coffee into her to go cup and left the kitchen. 

She slammed her door causing everyone in the kitchen to jump when she did. "She's not a morning person clearly." Bucky said as he got up and said "I'm off to the firehouse see you there Steve." 

"Yeah." he said 

Bucky left on his bike and Olivia peaked out the window and whispered "I hate you Bucky..it's funny that I lose the braces and the glasses and grow boobs you decide to flirt with me." 

Nat knocked on her door and she said "Come in." 

"Are you ok?" Nat said 

"Yup." she said 

She pulled her scrubs on and braided her hair back and said "Just peachy." 

She stopped her and said "Are you mad that Bucky is living here now?'

She looked down and Nat said "Hey look at me and tell me it's ok." 

"I use to have the biggest crush on Bucky growing up Nat but all he ever was to me was an asshole to me. It's funny how I lose all the stuff that made me not beautiful for him to flirt with me." she said as she wiped tears. 

"Liv.." Nat said as she hugged her. Steve was in the hallway and heard the conversation and looked down and felt awful for not asking his sister if she was ok with him being here before he took in his best friend. 

They all left for work on her lunch break she had to borrow money from Steve to get gas. She was blaring "Human" by Rag N Bone as she was driving down the road to the firehouse the guys could hear her before they seen her. "Rogers your sister is about to pull in." one of them yelled. She turned into the parking lot and left the music playing as she got out of the car and walked in as she blew a bubble with her gum. Bucky was standing with Clint and he said "My god when did she grow up." 

"You need to stop that is Rogers little sister." he said 

"Plus you weren't acting like this when you were here for Sarah's family." Sam said

"I was only here for a total of 24 hours last time I was here." he said 

She went and got her money from Steve and then walked back out and he watched her ass and he bit his lip and Steve came out and smacked him in the back of the head and said "That's my sister Bucky stop." 

She got to her car and slipped off her scrub top where she had a white tank top on and got in her car as "Amen" by Halestorm blared and she pulled out of the parking and left to get gas and lunch. After work was over they were going to have a party for Steve's 30th birthday so when she got off work she picked up the cake for Nat and the booze. When she got home she took a shower after she brought in everything and put on a pair of denim ripped shorts her bikini and a white tube top that ties in the back. 

She walked downstairs and helped Nat make up the sides to go with the steaks that were marinating while they waited for the boys to get home. Carol and Wanda came over after they got changed to help get everything set up. Once they got everything set up the boys came in and Sam said "Ok girls whose ready to start grilling." 

Olivia grabbed the plate and said "Here you boys go." 

Steve took it and said "Thanks Liv." 

"Your welcome." she said 

Nat turned on some music in the kitchen and the first song that came on was "Yeah" by Usher and Wanda said "Oh we are going old school tonight Nat' 

"Oh yeah." she said 

"Come on Liv we all know you got some moves you were on the dance team." Carol said

"Actually I quit after freshmen year." she said 

Carol said "What? You were the best." 

"Just stuff happened." she said as she walked out to the back porch and stripped down and jumped in the pool and Steve said "Liv you ok." 

"Yeah I'm fine just needed some air." she said 

Bucky came out after his shower and whispered "Fuck me." as he seen her in the pool. He went back in and down to the basement and said "Pull it together Barnes." He went back upstairs and outside as he grabbed a beer. 

They all ate dinner and had cake as they celebrated Steve's birthday swam some and then set off fireworks. As they all started to drink Olivia said "I think I'm gonna go to bed Steve." 

"Liv?" Steve said

"I need to go Steve." she said 

She went inside up to her room and Bucky said to Steve "Steve she's old enough to drink now why isn't she drinking tonight." 

"Because Olivia is not allowed to drink. She's on anti depressants which means she can't drink which is probably why she's going to bed.' he said 

Nat said "Shit I didn't even think about that." 

"It's fine Nat she's fine. She's probably tired too she works just like you girls do." Steve said 

They all crashed at Steve's place and Bucky went down to his room which was across the hall from Olivia's room he took over Steve's old room since Steve and Nat took over their parents' room. He peaked in on Olivia who was sleeping on her stomach and he closed his eyes and remembered what she said the day they all surprised her when her mom died and knew then why she seemed so upset this morning. He shut the door and went into his room and pulled out a box of pictures from when he was growing up and saw her in a picture of them when they were all at the firehouse Christmas dinner when their dads use to work together she had her glasses and braces and her what was her long blonde hair in curls. 

He whispered "I am so sorry I was such an ass back then." as he looked to see what he was doing and he sitting with his friends Sam Clint Steve and Nat and Wanda as she was off to the side with her friend Paige. They were the only kids at the firehouse at the time.