Hey Thursday

Raquel was walking down the hall, best friend at her side. They had just finished helping Miranda with moving the sets.

"You know," Nell said, "Sometimes, I just feel like I'm in a dream. Like, life isn't real, and I'm in the floating state that feels real, but not completely."

"Does this feel like you're in a dream?" Raquel shoved her, careful not to do it too hard.

Nell laughed, shoving her back. "That's not what I mean."

They fell silent for a few minutes. Neither knew what to say. Nell was probably thinking about if either of them got into an argument over one shoving the other. She thought about things like this a lot. Rocket was hoping she didn't hit a bruise, though counting on how many there are, she probably did.

"So," Nell began. "What do you think next year's play is going to be?"

"You're already thinking about that? It's only been a week since the last show day. Give it a rest, Nell." Rocket was smiling, just to show Nell that she was playing around.

"What? I'm just curious. I really want to know. Oh! What if it's something like 'Dear Even Hansen'? That would be amazing. I've been waiting for this play all my life!" Nell got really into the school play, and sold herself on the play she wanted, even though it never turns out to be what she thinks it is. She knows it wont be, but she likes to hope for these things.

"Mm, what about the Newsies?"

"Oh hell yeah!" Nell also got really into musicals, in general. Mostly Broadway ones, she was just that kind of person. "I feel..." she stopped, and Raquel kept walking until she realized Nell stopped. She stood in front of her. "I feel... like I want to doodle something." Nell had a sparkle in her eye. "Do you have a pen? You always have a pen. Can I have a pen?"

She started to grab at Rocket's backpack, turning her around. Nell opened the smallest zipper, and she knew it was a mistake telling her where she kept her pens. She was bound to find out anyways.

"Sure, go on ahead. It's not like I was going to say no," she said, sarcastically. She did that sometimes.

Nell took out a purple pen, then sat on the floor against a wall. She was pulling out a sketchbook when Rocket said, "C'mon Nell, we have to get to class."

"Oh Rocket. Sweet little Rocket. We have some time to spare, plus we can just say it took a little longer than we thought, if anyone gets suspicious. Come," she patted the ground next to her. "Sit."

Rocket rolled her eyes and sat down, putting her bag by her legs. She looked over. "Okay, what now?"

"Now, we do some weird shit."