Move In Day

Today is the day. The day my life begins. The day I have been waiting for for so long. The day I leave home and become an adult. College move in day..

I live about 4 hours from the college so I don't have too far to drive. I've already said my goodbyes to everyone, my best friend Jordan, my mom.. that's where that list ends.

Jordan's taking a year off before college to travel and "find herself". Whatever that means.

I'm gonna miss her but I hope she finds whatever it is she's looking for.

Mom has to work, like always, so I'm left driving and moving in all by myself, which I should be used to by now.

I'm going to Salem College. It's a private, all girls college that's legitimately located in the middle of a historical town, like everything still looks like the 1700's historical.

Half the school buildings are historical buildings, which I think is really cool, cause I'm a nerd like that.

And no it's not Salem, witch trials Salem. It's what used to be Salem North Carolina, now known as Winston-Salem. As far as I know they never had any witch trials..

... 4 hours later ...

I finally arrived at the school, butt fully numb, bladder about to explode. I get out of my car and go straight to the administrative office. After asking where the bathroom is I return to her office.

"Thank you so much. Now I have no idea what to do about finding my dorm and such." I smile awkwardly at her.

"You're very welcome dear. Just tell me your name and I'll let you know which dormatory to go to and you'll find you're house leader there who will help you further."

"Gentry Sinclair, maam."

She smiles at my good manners and clicks a few things on her computer screen. "Ah yes, if you go out the front doors and take a left down the sidewalk, you'll pass 5 buildings and Gramley Residence House will be on your left, that will be your dorm."

"Thank you maam." I say and exit her office.

I walk back out of the building, the front of which looks like a greek temple with its white stone columns, and down the coble stone sidewalk. Past the fenced in square of Old Salem and the three story library, to the last building that's part of the college. There are cars parked parallel on the street with trunks and doors hanging open, guess I should've drove down here.

Taking a deep breathe I give a breif knock and open the door. There are a few girls shuffling around, who pay me no mind at all. But the tall brown haired girl standing near the entrance gives me a stunning, white toothed smile.

"Hi! I'm Katie! I'm the house leader for Gramley Hall, usually this is an upperclassman dorm but since we have SOO many freshman this year we had to place a few in open spaces! Your room mate is also a freshman so don't worry! You two are the only freshman in the dorm, but we're happy to have y'all!"

Wow this girl can talk, but she seems sweet. "Hey I'm Gentry, and thanks I'm happy to be here."

"Aww, Gentry, that's such a pretty name! Here come on, I'll show you your room and introduce you to your room mate." She says, waving for me to follow her.