3. Hiccup is dead?

Stoik POV

Hiccup was gone

I looked around a bit more and saw that his room was neat for once. Normally his clothes would lie everywhere. Right now there were no clothes in sight. Maybe he couldn't fall asleep yesterday and discided to clean his room. I checked his bed. Cold. Nobody slept there tonight. I went back to worring (a/n how do you spell that). The forge, I thought. There he could be. Sometimes he would even fall asleep there, working on some stupid project. Nothing to worry about Stoik, I reassured myself, he was just working on some riding stool or circles you put over your eyes to see better.

With that thought inside my head I walked towards the forge. Even from far away I could hear the clanging coming from there, meaning Gobber was up and working. When I came closer there was a loud smash and a yell. Half running I entered the forge. Gobber was hopping trough the room after a Terrible Terror who had his prosthetic leg in his mouth. At seeing the open door, the dragon ran towards me in a attempt to run away with his 'prise' (aka Gobber's leg). Handling quickly, I grabbed the dragon by his tail and pulled at the piece of wood in it's mouth. It had a very strong grip and we started a game of pulling. I 'won' and got Gobber's leg. Or, what was left of it. I trew the beast out the door and watched it fly away, before I turned to Gobber. "Here you go, your... leg" He grabbed the leg and put it back. (A/n i'm To lazy to do Gobbers accent, so live with it. Use your imagination) "That thing thought my leg was some sort o- Aaah!" When walking  my way Gobber's leg snapped in half. "FLY AWAY YOU COWARD!" Gobber yelled to the dragon. "So, Stoik, what's the problem?" he asked me. "How do you know there is something wrong?" I asked confused. "You have worry-lines all over your face. Did Hiccup run into a tree?" Gobber joked. My face fell. What if he did run into a tree, went unconscious and was attacked by a dragon. I shifted from one foot to another nervously. "okay, what happened to Hiccup?" I looked down at my best friend. "That's why I came here. I don't know"

After searching the whole village we didn't find Hiccup. It was like he disappeared from the island. Not that he could do that. He couldn't even lift a hammer, let alone row a boat.

I brought together a meeting to find people willing to find Hiccup. Nearly all the villagers helped with the search. We searched for hours and hours but no trace of Hiccup. I began to give up the search for today. Tomorrow I would search again. Go over the edge of the world. Anything for my son. 

I told the villagers to rest for the day when I heard Astrid calling me. "Chief!! Chief Stoik, you need to see this!" She sounded distressed so I ran her way as quick as I could without tripping. Following her voice I arrived at a beautiful cove but had no time to admire the view when I heard the sound of crying. 'Astrid the fearless' curled up into a ball, crying. Not knowing what to do to comfort her, I just sat next to her and put my arm around her. "It's okay, everything is going to be okay." I told her. That's when Astrid broke. "No, everything is not okay. Hiccup is dead!"

Those last three word hit me like a fully grown monstrous nightmare. Hiccup, my son, was dead? How. What had happened? I looked around me and stood up, leaving Astrid crying on the ground. Where was Hiccup now. My eyes fell on a red colour in the cove. Fast I climbed down only to be blocked by a shield. One of berk's shields. Stepping over it I entered the cove and saw the burn-, bite- and scratch marks on the floor. What had happened here? The red colour I saw earlier turned out to be blood. Was it Hiccup's? I noticed a glint of something shiny in the water of the little lake. It was a dagger. Hiccup's dagger to be exact. Was he really...? I looked at the proof. Not my boy, not my little boy. Not after Valka. I felt something in my heart. It wasn't sadness or loss. It was hatred. Hatred for dragons. Hatred for dragons who took my wife and killed my son. I screamed, letting it all out until I couldn't scream anymore. I would kill the dragon who killed my son. Whatever type it was. It was then that I saw the black scales lying on the ground of the cove. There was only one dragon with black scales.

"Night fury"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's it for this chapter. I know i said I would wait a few days to see if anyone would read this, but I just got so many ideas in my head. I'm just going to publish chapters while waiting for people to read my story.  R&R

~🦇 dragon out~