chapter one " The beginning"

"left right,left right"! The soldiers on duty for the parade barked at us

Well quite a lot of us wanted the whole parade to end already,and Kelvin was amongst that lot.

Nysc remains a necessary evil every university graduate looked forward to,and also dreaded.nobody wanted to be here ,but everybody needed to be here. Kelvin looked across the field,and of course some soldiers were already dealing with some corpers they tag "akamu corpers" .

It was at that moment that he saw her , light skinned ,tall, with a face and shape that will definitely make all the boys cry  "oh mama" , what could possibly be her name ,he thought still staring at her .

Someone shoved him behind." I saw her first my guy, "chai" this is the vitamin C am taking about.
Kelvin didn't need to look behind him,he knew it was kito ,his stupid roommate and best friend . He considered it sheer bad luck that they were posted to the same state,same local government .signs

"What are you doing behind my back kito?" , Cause the last time I checked you were three rows away .kito chuckled
" I saw that creamy succulent deliciousness from my line, I'll be an idiot not to switch,but then again you seem to have it covered . He chuckled softly....
"Now that's a stupid reason,and no I wasn't staring,not that's it's illegal anyway .I retorted
"Cut the crap abeg,are you going to invite her to our table tonight?"

"Nope, why would I do that , cause she has a killer body?" Nope kito.
I could feel his stare or rather glare

"Good ,I'll have to ask her myself."

"You dey crase oh kito ,you have brought your stupid philandering ways down here, just so you know the bill , everything is on you.you can invite that mammie water that will definitely bring her agents, just know you're paying.

Someone tapped me one my shoulder

"Step out of line."
It took me two seconds to figure it out and when I did ,I made a mental note to kill kito .

****************Chapter 2***********

"

Later that evening almost every corper trooped in and out of the local bar closest to camp. The owner of the bar was a very short black fat woman in her late twenties,she wore too much makeup ,that she could easily pass off as the masquerade of death.keto's first comment when he set sights of her was " now here is what a black panda with black painting looks like, wow" ,he had said with a smile.
She had returned the smile,obviously thinking it was a compliment.

After having two plates of bush meat pepper soup with agidi,and almost a half keg of our local wine ,I could literally feel all my intestines swimming. "One more round of palmie" kito said , accompanying it with a loud belch .
I shook my head "baba you're almost wasted ,let's just wrap it and call it a night Biko"

"One more Kev, he belched again and his eyes drooped"

You sound like every other drunk since the dawn of time." Bar man I called loudly,hoping to be heard above the loud speakers pumping sounds I have never heard before.The waiter a short man with the biggest pot belly i had ever seen wobble to our table. "Oga sir ,make I bring more palmie he indicated towards our empty keg.

"Nope ,I want the bill." He stared at me in confusion
"Oga we no dey sell that one ooooh,no oyinbo drink for here.
Kito started laughing like a mad man,i signed in exasperation
"Oga I wan pay for the palmie and pepper soup! Just tell me how much

He counted our plates,did some calculations with his fingers
" one thusan hate hunred "

"Okay #1800 right...here you go,i handed him the bills.

Kito still laughing like a mad man , managed to follow me out of the bar

"Are you alright kito,i asked a little worried
He just went on laughing.i ignored him,i dipped my hands into my pocket to keep the cold away.....I heard a swooshing sound from my side , thinking kito finally past out,until it landed right on my cheeks.i followed the direction the sound came from ,and there she was staring down at me........