Chapter two

"Nancy will you marry me"?,mr Parker asked,
almost closing is eyes in desperation and maybe
as a sign of total seriousness. Nancy looked away
for some seconds and gently looked back at mr Parker, gave him a smile and nodded, almost like a lizard before saying "yes i will marry you".
James was just two years old when Nancy became his father's wife, his father took him to Edintown City and entrusted him in the care of his sister Monica. His father went to pick him when he was 7. It was a bold decision because Nancy wasn't prepared to take care of him at that early stage of infancy. Two weeks after the wedding, she ordered the cook and nanny to leave. That evening when Mr Parker returned from work,he noticed the whole compound was quiet and seemingly empty, little James was crying loudly and there was no body to take care of him.
Mr Parker picked up his son, and surprisingly he stopped crying. He walked straight to his new wife's room and found her painting her nails. "Where are the maids, the cook, and the Nanny"? Mr Parker asked his wife in anger,"I asked them all to leave", she replied, still concentrating on her nails. "Did you take any order from me"? Mr Parker asked angrily,"I need not take orders from anyone in my husband's house, not even from you my dear husband". James started crying again, "and you couldn't even care to feed the baby"?,mr Parker asked, trying to reduce his tone this time, "I didn't marry you to come and watch over your son, I'm not a midwife". Nancy replied still concentrating on her nails. For peace to reign, mr Parker took little James to his younger sister Monica in Edintown City, and he stayed with his aunt until he was 7 years old.

                                          * * *

James's mother Angelina, who died a week after his birth was the only daughter of a great soccerer whose name was Prospero. A man whose magical powers can turn a statue into a living human,a man whose magical powers can dry up the ocean. Infact, during the 1909 war between Venus and Persia,he was hired by the Venian soldiers to stand in front of the battlefield, he's duty was to neutralize any bullet or explosives, when the Persian soldiers sent their bombs,or shot their guns,it will bounce off as far as Prospero was at the fore front. Before the war ended, 5,309 Persian soldiers were killed.
Prospero had not visited his grand son for a long time, James had been hearing about him, sometimes he doubted if he actually has a grand father as powerful as that. Prospero was tall and firmly built,he was in his late 60s, but stronger than a man in his 30s. He could detect a witch,a demon,a Vampire or a living dead.
Prospero sat on his white horse, and set out to Venus to visit his grandson after a long time. James hardly visited him, because he is always on the mountains or the thick somanta Forest. Prospero arrived Venus at noon, James welcomed him and took him in.
"Grand pa it's been a while", James said, but there was no reply. Grand pa!, grand pa!,"have you suddenly become deaf"? James was shocked when he noticed his grand pa, Prospero's eyes had turned wine red. "James who is in this house"? Prospero asked his grand-son,"Dad is not yet back, but my step mom, Nancy is in her room", James replied with a trembling voice." James there's a demon this house", Prospero said."But grand pa,i don't understand you", replied James, now very frightened. Indeed the demon was no other person than Nancy Plowman, James's step mom.