Chapter three

Nancy Plowman was born in 1806,in Santa Barbara, one of California's oldest and historic cities. Santa barbara lies between the steeply rising Santa Ynez mountain and the Pacific Ocean. She was born to a mermaid father and a demon goddess. She was originally a mermaid, but had to be transformed into human so she could fulfill her task, which was to lure one thousand men to the after life (The underworld). The souls of her victims would go straight to the Underworld, and would be transformed into mermaids, and trained for the war, the great underworld war between the mermaids and the Demons that live in the mountains.
Nine hundred and ninety nine souls had been captured, just one more soul was left, and her last victim was Captain Parker, James's father.

* * *

Even before Prospero arrived at Venus, Nancy Plowman had already and sensed his arrival. She had the ability to read minds and to see into the future. She quickly made herself invisible but was still inside the room. Prospero quickly flung the door open, with his magic staff in his Left hand, James was behind him, quivering as if he just caught fever, "But you said she is in the room", Prospero said, now turning to James who couldn't give a reply but was just staring at his grand- father. Prospero was so frustrated,"Your dad is so naive, sometimes i regret letting him marry my daughter". Nancy was still in the room, but was invisible. She saw them, but they couldn't see her.
For the first time, Prospero with all his magical powers, couldn't see an invisible being. The door opened gently with a creaking sound,it was Captain Parker, James's father."welcome Sir Pero, what a surprise visit",Mr Parker said with a big grin. He was fond of calling his father in-law Sir Pero,it was just his own way of showing respect to the bravest man in the history of Venus. Prospero ignored him for some minutes before​ asking,"what do you know about this lady called Nancy?", "I don't get you, you mean Nancy my wife?",Mr Parker asked,"Yes,do you.....Prospero was about replying when darkness immediately covered the room, and a strong wind blew, with a shattering sound, and there came a voice that eckoed like the voices of a thousand people, saying "PRO-SPERU, YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME, I KNOW YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF, I'VE LIVED A THOUSAND YEARS, BUT YOU WERE BORN JUST YESTERDAY, I'M NOT HERE FOR YOU PRO-SPERU, I'M HERE FOR A MISSION WHICH I MUST ACCOMPLISH". Prospero replied in anger,
"IN MY 25 YEARS OF SORCERY,MAGIC HAS NEVER FAILED ME,I WILL DEFEAT YOU, AND MAKE YOU A SLAVE IN MY CAFE". As soon as Prospero finished boasting, there was a suddenly flash, the darkness immediately disappeared, but James and his father were nowhere to be found.