Chapter 1: Bloodstone

FATE/OUTSIDE EXPERIENCE

Part I: Blood Thread

Chapter 1: Bloodstone

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This and any future stories involving Connla will assume that you have read Fate/Laoch Gan Finsceal, so some details already covered there will not be explained here. If you haven't read it, I recommend you do so before this one so you aren't too confused.

****

In front of the Heroic Summoning System FATE, Fujimaru Ritsuka and Mash Kyrielight stood before the altar. Ritsuka sacrificed three Saint Quartz to initiate the ritual, and the chamber was engulfed in dazzling white light. That was when a rare sight happened before them - the orbs that formed a circle shone with multiple colors before converging and exploding in chromatic particles.

"Senpai, this is-!" Mash exclaimed.

"A super rare summon!?" Ritsuka shouted elatedly.

The light dissipated, and there stood a tall figure whose red eyes glowed eerily beneath his hood.

"Wait a minute... Isn't that...?" the young Magus uttered, taking a good look at her newest recruit.

"... Does my color have something to do with you?" the man asked her in a chilly, hollow tone.

****

The youngest Servant in Ritsuka's entourage - the Lancer known as Connla - was busy delivering papers between Chaldea's different departments. When she wasn't out on Rayshift missions with her Master, she was put to work doing various chores around the facility. She was happy to help out if it meant allowing everything to run smoothly, even if it meant doing thankless things like sweeping, taking out the garbage, or doing the dishes. Many other Servants were not interested in performing such jobs, so she was often saddled with the simple tasks that could build up over time if they weren't done regularly.

I have to take these to Dr. Roman so he can adjust Master's exercise schedule, she thought while jogging down the long hallway.

She was about to pass by the chamber containing FATE when Ritsuka, Mash and the new Servant exited. They saw the child coming and stopped. Connla's mind went blank and her eyes shot wide open as her gaze met the man's. Her complexion turned white as snow, and her pupils shrunk into trembling dots. Standing behind the pair was none other than Cuchulainn Alter, who had just been summoned to be Chaldea's newest warrior in the fight to preserve humanity's future.

He too looked rather surprised, but murmured in a muted whisper, "It's you..."

The young girl swallowed and looked away anxiously. Ritsuka and Mash immediately recognized the tense atmosphere, so Mash held Connla's shoulders and said, "Senpai, I'll help Lancer get ready for bed. She looks a bit tired."

"Right..." Ritsuka nodded nervously and watched the pair leave.

After a moment of silence, Cuchulainn muttered, "So she's here too?"

"Y-Yeah... I was hoping to tell her first before showing you to her, but..."

"So you know our history together."

"More or less."

He sighed, then said, "It's fine. She has every right to be upset with me. I'll just lay low and keep out of sight unless you need me to kill someone. Not much else to do here except eat and sleep anyway."

"Sorry about this... Lancer's been a big help with the staff by doing menial chores, but she's really sensitive and gets bothered easily, so she tends to lose focus."