2

Wednesday, April 16th.
6:30am

I woke up this time not feeling any types of drool on my side, neither any types of snores. I quickly sat, alarmed that my sister was perhaps dead, then quickly got myself together once I realized that my body laid on the floor. It was a unpleasant relief. I huffed and lifted my tiny body from the floor, as I took notice of Ming.

Her mouth was shut, no drool, no loud snores. She was progressing, I thought. But once bad habit went away, another one came quick : she kicked me off of the bed. I took my phone from the nightstand and took several pictures of her, then decided which one to post on my Instagram page. I smiled as I found the perfect one.

nickiminaj

nickiminaj  Happy 21st birthday to my baby, my                  sister @mingmaraj ! I love you more than                   words can describe

nickiminaj Happy 21st birthday to my baby, my
                  sister @mingmaraj ! I love you more than
                  words can describe.. Pls don't kill me, it's
                  only a pic ❤️

I smiled at phone and locked it. She was going to kill me. I walked over her and took her features in consideration. She looked so much like my father, it was crazy. Even more than myself, it was so scary sometimes.

She had everything from him, starting by her facial features to her bitter attitude : e-ve-ry-thing. It was as if you took one of his pictures and used an app that made him transform into a girl. It was dead ass crazy.

No need to say that when he came home with her, no one asked a DNA test : even not my mother. But it didn't stop her from hating the child and letting all her frustration on her. She couldn't be in the same room as Ming. Even her breathing could annoy my mom to the point of repeatedly slapping her, every nights.

Ming had suffer a lot while being a child. She had a leak of self-confidence due to my mom's behavior against her, and me, I was trying my best to make her feel safe. What an irony, how could you feel safe in a environment where you were physically and mentally assaulted?

But; slowly but surely, I gained the trust of Ming and she started to be more comfortable around me, and I'm glad that she did.

Once knowing her, I discovered that she was just like me : an innocent child that needed nothing but love and affection. And that's what we gave to each other until today. We were and still are inseparable. The proof : she was peacefully sleeping at mine, forgetting that her soon-to-be husband was probably waiting for her.

" Why you staring so hard ? " I heard Ming's sleeping voice making me slightly jump.

" Jesus! " I whispered, bringing my hand on my chest. " Don't scare me like that, stupid. "

" Maybe if you wasn't staring so hard you would have noticed that I woke up maybe ten minutes ago. " She said smartly, as if she discovered a world changing theory.