46. "High school relationships don't last."

Bria

"Are you comfortable with being..around her?" Chris asked over the phone.

"I don't know..I haven't seen her in so long. I doubt I'd see her around the complex but if I did— that'd be hell Chris."

"Put the safety of you and Forest first Brianna, you two need somewhere to live."

"I know..I know. I guess I'll just avoid her, which might be hard because that bitch goes door to door pimping herself out-"

"Bria."

"I'm just being honest. But fine, my mind is made up. I'm gonna submit the application and hope for the best."

"It's the right thing to do I think. But I'm gonna call you when I get over there, i'm on the way."

"Alright." I said hanging up.

"Are we gonna eat cake with Chris?" Forest asked, like he was waiting for me to get off the phone just to say that.

"We can if he wants."

"I want vanilla cake and chocolate ice cream." He said excitedly to himself.

Forest

When Bria told me Chris was outside, I ran downstairs.

"Slow down, he's not going anywhere!"

I don't see Chris as much these days. And when I do Bria usually isn't around. I'm happy it's gonna be the whole family today.

"Hi Chris!" I said running outside and up to his tall car.

"Boy why you don't have no coat on?" He said laughing.

"Because he literally ran to see you." Bria said coming behind me with my coat. I hate coats.

I put on my coat and Bria helped me get in the car.

"Hi." Bria said smiling at Chris, before kissing him on the mouth.

"Stop!" I said disgusted.

"You don't have to look Forest." Chris said pulling out of the driveway.

Fine. I turned my head to face the window, when I noticed a little gold thing on the floor. Treasure!

I picked it up and tried to read it. Mag..mag.. I don't know. I ripped it open, so I could see this treasure for myself.

Gross. It's just a wet balloon.

"Forest what are you messing with?" Chris asked, looking at me with the mirror.

"I don't know."

Bria looked back at me and shrieked.

"Put that down." She said taking the balloon out of my hand. "Where'd you find this?"

"In a gold thing on the floor. I thought it was treasure."

"Don't touch stuff that's not yours, ok?"