Grounded and Plan

"I'm home!" I yelled, closing the door shut. I placed my book bag on the floor and started to walk around the house. This was strange. Usually, my house is never this empty. Everytime I come home, I have to step over a bunch of baby toys, papers, and electronics. "Amelia, come here please" I heard a voice say in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen to see my dad and his wife.

My dad had brown hair, hazel eyes, and tan skin. He looked like a serious business man when we stood face to face.

"What did I do now?" I asked, pulling up my innocent act. Natalie scoffed and pulled out a wooden chair. "You know what you did Amelia" she said in a snobbish tone. I gritted my teeth, giving her my fake sweet smile. "Honestly, I don't know what you are talking about" I said through my teeth. My dad gave me a glare. "Amelia, quit the act" he said coldly.

My smile went away. My dad is never this cold to me. "Natalie told me what you did" he said in a cold tone still. I crossed my arms and smirked. "I was just having fun" I said, giving Natalie a mean glare. She gave me a sly smirk, copying the same move that I did.

"Well, your fun caused you to get in trouble Amelia" he said. I gave him look and went back to my normal position." I wouldn't have got in trouble if Natalie just acted like mom" I said. My dad sighed. "Amelia, I had enough of your attitude" he said, "I had enough for today! You are grounded for the rest of the month!"

I gave him a look. I looked at Natalie, who was smiling at me, and back at my father. I didn't say anything. I stormed out of the kitchen. "You did a good job," Natalie said to my dad I was walking upstairs. I slammed the door shut, which knocked over some of my stuff, and locked the door.

I can't believe that he took that witch's advice. It's bad enough that he married her, but this is worse! I crashed onto the bed and screamed on the pillow. "Stupid dad" I mummbled, lifting my head up from the pillow, "Taking that..bitch's side."

I didn't feel like calling Natalie a witch. She practically manipulated my dad to ground me! "Since I'm grounded, I guess I can start on the plan" I said to myself, taking my purple notebook out from under the pillow.

I grabbed my blue pen from the dresser and opened my book to an empty page. I layed back on my bed, writing step one on the page. What should I say to my dad and Natalie? I can't let them know that I'm going to the contest.

"This is harder than I thought" I said, placing the pen down on the page. My mind was full of angry thoughts about them. I couldn't listen to music since my phone was in my book bag downstairs. "Happy thoughts Amelia" I said to myself.

I know it sounds useless, but it works sometimes. As I was going to my happy place, I started to write down what I was going to do. Of course my first plan was to lie about where I was going. Usually, I'll tell my dad the truth to where I was going, but since this was my chance to go to Hollywood and a ticket for me to leave Natalie, I had to lie to them.

The only problem is that I don't know any places in Texas. It's sad because I've been living here since I was born. I wanted to look up some places on the computer or my phone, but I was grounded.

Come on Amelia! Think! I thought. Where could I go so that my dad and Natalie wouldn't question me?

That was when a lightbulb went off inside my head. The Benjamin Kings Theatre. The best movie theater out here in Texas. I remebered when I was a kid, my dad and my biological mother would take me there for my birthday. The popcorn was fresh and buttery, the slushies were a bit icy and cold, and the candies were delicious.

Anyways, back to the plan. I wrote down what I was going to do. It sounded terrible, but it was worth it. As I finished writing a couple of words, I closed my notebook quickly when I heard a knock on my door.

"Amelia can I come in?" my dad asked me. I wanted to reply and open the door to let him in, but I didn't want to since I was angry. "Amelia I know you are in there and I just want to say something to you" my dad pleaded.

I sighed in annoyance and got off my bed. "Please go away" I said kind of rudely "I don't want to be bothered right now."

I was hoping that my dad would go away, but he walked inside my room.

"I know that you're mad at me and I can see why" my dad said as he closed the door slowly. I rolled my eyes, sitting back down on the bed. Damn right I was mad at him. I know I shouldn't be angry at a parent, but he took that bitch's side.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely, not paying any attention to him. I can't believe I used that tone on him! I was in so much  trouble now! I was expecting him to yell at me and tell me that I can't use that tone on him. Instead, my dad sighed and sat down next to me.

"I came up here to apologize" he said, pushing my strains of blonde hair to the side. I looked at him in confusion. Why would he want to apologize to me? He took that bitch's side and used that cold tone on me! I looked away from my dad, looking down at the floor.

My dad patted me on the back. "Did I ever tell you that your blue eyes reminded me of your mother?" he asked me. I shook my head 'no', not wanting to look at him. My dad got up from the bed and went over to the picture of me, him, and mom when I was seven years old.

We were at this pizza place where they had creepy looking anamontronics (which I had a fear that it would come to life and kill me), fluffy cheese pizza, and vegetables that I would always buy since I don't eat meat.

"Yeah, you remind me of your mother because I remembered when we were teenagers, she would always act like this to her parents" he explained as he picked up the picture frame. "At the end of each and every fight, she would always get grounded for three weeks or more."

I looked up from the floor. I couldn't believe what my dad was saying because mom would never act that way. She was sweet, loveable, and perky. "Anyway, I'm sorry that I grounded you and I want to make it up to you" my dad said, placing the picture down on the dresser.

I looked at him. He better be sorry. Also, he better unground me because I don't want to be here in my room! "I know I said that you were going to be grounded for the month" my dad said "But, I decided to ground you for two days."

I looked at him in disbelief. I think he's sick. I got up and placed my hand on his forehead. "What are you doing?" he asked me in confusion. I looked at my dad. "Are you sick or something because I think you are doing what Natalie is telling you to do" I said, placing my hands on his shoulders.

He chuckled at me, removing my hands off of his shoulders. "Haha, now be good to Natalie for two days or I'll change my mind" my dad said as he left my room. I squealed in excitement and plopped back down on my bed.

Even though I don't want to be nice to Natalie, I have to do it so I would be able to go to that contest!

Don't forget to vote and comment!