after so long

After six months of living in complete and utter garbage, Garrett Watts finally decided to get his life under control again. He'd started filming his 24 hour video one whole month ago, Andrew wasn't surprised that he'd taken such a long break, but he did surprise himself by not checking in on his friend.

Garrett texted him to come over for the reveal video earlier that day, it had been weeks since he last came over to film the opening — and he wasn't expecting to see Shane standing by Garrett when he arrived. Andrew and Garrett's chat room had been almost constantly on radio silence, they hadn't really texted recently, not while Andrew had been kept up in Morgan's apartment (Shane's office) to finish editing the last part of their Jake Paul series. He hadn't even thought of checking in on Garrett, there was always too much on his mind.

But he regrets that now, he regrets not giving him a call, regrets not building up enough courage to break to silence and ask to come around again, or if Garrett wanted to pop in to Morgan's and see the dogs while he's at it. He regrets not asking if his best friend was okay, if he was still feeling good about his video, or even if he needed help cleaning up. He'd been an asshole to him for the past month.

Which, for the record, was not like Andrew Siwicki at all. He'd just been too caught up to think about anything else other than is the footage they're deciding to keep in for Jake even appropriate for their viewers. Fuck, he'd messed up bad.

He laughed when he arrived, he acted normal, acted like Andrew would and tried to pretend that there wan't the burning of guilt deep in his belly. He was trying his best to keep the bright smile plastered on his face. Garrett didn't seem to notice, too occupied with Andrew's opinions and handling the camera. Shane did, of course he did.

Andrew went about outside pointing at all the different things Garrett had decided to throw away, he was looking for all the things he'd gifted Garrett over the years, all the things that he'd personified over the course of their friendship; the things that meant something to him too, that to him, symbolised their friendship in one way or another. Andrew spotted a red body among the rubble, he quickly stepped over to it and dragged it out from underneath a shelf.

"Garrett, you can't throw him away, it's you—" Andrew let out a shrill laugh, "with your ribbon!"

He held up the green and red elf, the one with beady little eyes that always made Andrew's stomach hurt from laughter, it looked creepy but in a faulty way; it was literally Garrett Watts as a Christmas decoration. And also something Andrew cherished within their friendship. He'd even got a hoodie with the elf printed on it, then continued to proudly wear it around in public as if labelling himself as Garrett's. He'd almost felt like he was wearing one of those couple sweatshirts, the 'if lost return to ___' and 'i'm ___' ones. And it had felt good, weirdly, to be apart of Garrett's property.

Did he own him? Garrett sure does own a fraction of Andrew, after being in his life for so long it's inevitable that he's given a little part of himself away to the taller man, whether or not that was a subconscious thing it was almost like a promise; here you take a bit or me, I'll take a bit of you, and that way we can't leave each other or else one of us won't be completely whole.

We need each other.

The only question remaining was if that was a negative thing? Was Andrew just setting himself up to be badly hurt in the future? He'd hope not.

Garrett's smile faltered, "Oh shit, you're right. Shane, I gotta keep him, I didn't even see him go out here." he looked over to the ginger as if needing validation or permission to take back his belonging. Shane just shrugged, he didn't mind — if it was important enough for Garrett to beg then it must be worthy of a spot in the house.