First Day Pt. 1

Trents POV:
I walked into the school, not knowing what to expect. I was nervous, exited, and-oh heck no! This can't be happening. I look towards my locker and saw who my "buddies" were. To my right, Duncan. To my left, Courtney. Next to Courtney, Gwen. I facepalmed. How did this happen. I re-slung  my guitar over my back and slowly tip-toed towards my locker. As I got closer, I noticed that they were fighting. Just my luck.
"Ugh! I can't believe my locker is so close to yours!" Courtney yelled. "I just so happened to be two away from the cheater!"
"Chill princess." Duncan smirked. "I didn't cheat on you. Plus, we were like twelve. Get over it."
"Ugh!" Courtney stomped a foot. "You know what! I hate you! I never want to see you again!"
Duncan just laughed. "Sure you don't. I know you dig me." Courtney just glared at him and stormed off. I have to deal with this for the rest of the year. I approached my locker, thinking since it was just Duncan it would be fine. Sure enough, Gwen comes up to his locker. Crap.
"Hey Duncan." Gwen said in a flirtatious voice. It hurt me to see Gwen talking to someone else like that. I like her. I've liked her since the 6th grade. Of course I didn't know how to tell her. She kissed me once, then went to Duncan. My heart had shattered into pieces. Now, they are a hardcore couple.
"Hey babe." Duncan said back. I gagged a little. Babe? That's the best he could do?
"Who is your homeroom teacher?" Gwen asked Duncan.
"Mr. McClean. How about you?" Gwen smiled and pulled him in for a kiss. I slammed my locker door shut, interrupting them.
"Yo, you okay dude?" Duncan asked. As if he cared.
I hesitated. "I-I" I still noticed Gwen was holding on to Duncan's shirt collar. "I can't do this." I ran away into the bathroom. I felt tears coming to my eyes. I flung open the door and broke down into tears.
"Hello?" A voice said from inside the stalls. I knew that voice.
"Cody?" I asked. Cody opened the door slowly. He had a sympathetic smile on his face.
"Are you okay Trent?" Cody asked sitting down next to me.
"No..." I say. "G-Gwen and D-D-Duncan are d-dating." I fumble on my words from all the crying.
"You didn't already know?" Cody said.
"I knew." I said. "It still hurts." I knew Cody understood. Cody had his heart broken by Gwen too.
"Hey, we are too good for her." Cody said smiling, revealing the gap in his teeth.
I smile back. "Thanks buddy." I say as I hug him. He hugs back.
"You got Mr. McClean?" Cody says. I nod. "Good. That means you can be with me and we can throw stuff at Gwen." I smile. This is the start of a really good friendship.