十五

Jimin was working that day. He worked at a little bookshop in town, along with Namjoon. He loved working here; it wasn't all that busy, and even when there were a lot of customers, they were never loud or annoying. He was pretty fast at his job, so he got to read snippets of books in between helping people.

He was stacking a new delivery of books when his phone buzzed. He paused to read the message, smiling as he saw who it was from.

TaeTae: just been to the doctor, I have an iron deficiency. Hopefully I'll be all good soon!
Jiminie: I'm so glad to hear that!

He was happy that Tae's illness was easily treatable. With any luck, he would be ready to go back to being best friends soon.

Namjoon strolled over just as he put the phone away.
"Hey Chim. Would you mind taking over the front desk? My throat's really sore,"
"Of course!" The two swapped roles and Jimin slipped behind the desk.

He was organising a few of the loose papers scattered around when the bell over the door rang and someone walked in.

"Hello! Can I help you?"
"Yeah, do you have any science fiction?"
"Right over here! Follow me..."

Jimin helped several customers like this, and was repeating the usual greeting when another person walked in.

"Hey, how can I- Kookie!" He grinned at the sight of Jungkook and came around the desk to give him a hug.
"Hi baby," Jungkook kissed the top of his head. Jimin blushed at hearing this pet name in real life and took the other's hands.
"What are you doing here? Not that I'm not glad to see you,"
"Just missed you. Have you heard the news from Tae?"
"Yeah, I'm so glad that it's not really serious!"
"Me too. How long do you have left?"

Jungkook sat in the comfy reading area for the few remaining hours of Jimin's shift, flicking through a few books and sneaking up to his boyfriend for kisses as often as possible.

Once the shift was over and the next worker had arrived, Jimin handed in his uniform and they left hand in hand.
"Did you not get bored?" Jungkook smiled down at him.
"Nope. I couldn't be bored while I was watching you." Jimin giggled and ran off, Jungkook chasing after him.

He eventually caught up to Jimin and grabbed him, picking him up and swinging him around slightly as he squealed.
"Put me down! Kookie!" He obliged, laughing, and ruffled the older's hair.
"You're so cute." Jimin blushed and got shy until Jungkook leant down to kiss him softly.

"Anyway," Jungkook took his hand again as they started walking to nowhere in particular. "My parents have invited me down to Busan for dinner and I was wondering if you'd want to come with me?"
"Are you sure? Would they be okay with... us?"
"Yeah, of course. I might have... kinda already told them about you..." Jimin laughed.
"Awe! That's so cute~"
"Shut up! Are you coming or not?!" Jimin prodded Jungkook's cheek as the taller tried to hide his embarrasment.
"Of course I will baby." Jungkook chuckled.
"Oh, you're saying baby now?" Jimin hit his shoulder and they continued down the street.

They ended up walking in a circle around a few blocks until they got back to Jungkook's house. They talked in more detail about the visit to Jungkook's parents; it was in a week's time, they would take the train to get there, and they would stay the night so they weren't too tired while they were traveling. Jungkook texted his parents to let them know that Jimin was coming.

They sat on the bed once they got back as they were both tired. Jimin had been thinking for a while and suddenly spoke up, catching Jungkook's attention.

"Hey, Kookie?"
"Yeah?"
"Are we like... going public?" He sighed and shifted so that he was lying on his side and facing Jungkook. "I mean, our friends know, and your parents, but... are you comfortable with being couple-y in public?"

Jungkook smiled softly and began to stroke Jimin's blonde hair.
"I'm fine with it, but only if you are. I know some people are idiots and they won't like us being together, but I don't care. You're so worth it." Jimin leant over and kissed Jungkook in response to his sweet words.
"I'm fine with it too. I didn't want you to be uncomfortable or anything, so I thought I should ask,"

Jungkook pulled Jimin closer to him so that they were cuddling.
"You can always ask me anything Chim,"

Jimin smiled and pecked both his cheeks, earning a giggle from the other and a bop on the nose.

They stayed in this position until Jimin's stomach rumbled and they realised that it was the evening now.

"You hungry, baby?" Jimin nodded.
"I'll be fine though,"
"No you won't," Jungkook kissed the top of Jimin's head before rolling off the bed. "I'm making you food."

"No!" Jimin ran after Jungkook as he strolled across the apartment, struggling to keep up with his long-legged pace.
"Let me help?" Jungkook sighed but let Jimin help him with dinner.

They made some pasta, an easy meal but not for those two boys, especially together. The kitchen was splattered with tomato sauce as they sat eating, and somehow four pots had been used.

"Hmm. This is good." Jimin nodded his agreement and smiled at the other.
"I can't wait to go back to Busan. I haven't been since I graduated high school,"
"I'm glad you're coming, I would've been lonely without you," Jimin grinned and wiped some sauce on Jungkook's cheek. The other just laughed and continued eating.