Chapter One

It's strange.

Growing up people had always believed witches, vampires, ghosts, gouls, sirens, and werewolves were a myth.

A thing of horror movies and nightmares. Camp fire stories and books.

Never would someone believe them to be true, or to be so close but so far.

The world was made up of two parts.

The larger part was for humans, the other for the unknown.

People would travel to this place and either return insane, or not return at all.

Curiosity was what killed the people.

Due to the disappearances growing every year, the government decided to separate one side from the other.

Thus they built a divider between the two sides.

But why?

Was it to keep the curious people out?
Or to keep something in?

You had always had an active imagination.

You believed every book, every movie, every campfire story.

You believed in monsters.

Maybe that's why you're watching the builders, scanning for any place you may be able to cross.

You could see buildings worn down to ruble, old street lights falling over or just about too.

You didn't know exactly why it had been left, but you'd done research.

You spent nights walking around the line of separation, you spent hours interviewing those who dared and were deemed insane.

You believed in monsters, and you believed they lived beyond the light.

You believe they lived, in the forbidden.