Chapter Twenty Nine

Author's Note: Not much of an author's note today which is so crazy after the mega long author's notes recently. All I really have to say is sorry that there may be some more delay between chapters because I have to go to my mom's house sometimes. Also thank you to Pagels_Tho and BriannaMaee for your lovely comments!

Keep on reading and I hope you enjoy!

xoxo, Rosie

- -
. . .

What am I supposed to do
When the best part of me
Was always you
What am I supposed to say
When I'm all choked up
And you're okay

- Unknown

. . .
- -

Lie to Me

Mason's POV

I spin with her and then put her back on her feet. Emma leans into me slightly, turning her head so I can see her smile. The rest of the dancers stay still and then suddenly the movement begins again.

All of the girls turn to us and put their hands on our shoulders, we put our hands on their waists and spin them in a circle. Then as one we move three steps forward and six steps back. A group of dancers split apart and pull Emma and I away from each other.

I'm filled with desperation. It's pretend and I know this isn't really happening, but I can't help the worry. We are dragged apart and then the music ends.

"Great job today guys. We'll tweak the dance tomorrow, but for now that was great," Wendy says. "You can go." We all separate, heading for the locker rooms.

"Nice dance Mason," some guys say, patting me on the back. I just nod and smile, pulling on my jeans and t-shirt.

When I get outside Emma joins me. "Hey ready to get dinner?" she asks, smiling.

"Uh... how 'bout you head over without me," I say. "There's something I need to do first."

"Oh. Okay then," she says, her expression cloudy. I reach out to her and pull her close, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"I'll be back super soon, you wouldn't even have noticed I was gone if I hadn't told you." She nods and pushes her hair back.

"Okay fine. I'll see you soon." Emma turns around and joins a group of female dancers, walking towards the dining hall. I watch her go a few meters before running to the cabin.

Kyle is already waiting for me inside, his arms folded across his chest. He smirks at me. "I thought you might ditch," he says drily.

"Well I didn't," I say and unzip my bag. I take out my wallet and toss him fifty bucks. "Now give me the number."

"Can't," Kyle says, flipping through the bills to check that I haven't shorted him. "Ripped it up before you got here. I just wanted my money."

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?" I ask with a mixture of disbelief and relief.

He looks up from the money and raises an eyebrow at me. "You really think I care that much?" I just match his gaze and he groans. "Fine, follow me." I file after him into the bathroom and he points dramatically into the wastepaper basket. Sure enough there is a littering of tiny paper pieces inside. I sigh and nod.

"We're never going to speak of this ever again," I warn him.

"No problem," Kyle says and then rolls his eyes. "Now go be with your girlfriend."

I oblige, walking out of the cabin with a weight off my shoulders. I jog to the dining hall, rushing through the line and then falling into the seat next to Emma just like this morning.