Part one

"Two legs, two arms! I've got hair, Donna!" The Doctor cried. "Donna?"

"Doctor?" Donna's normally feminine sounding voice was much deeper.

"Donna?" The Doctor stared at her- rather, what used to be her. "Uh, oh."

"That's right, bucko! What did you get us into this time?" Donna- er, Don, shouted.

"Donna! Relax! What time period are we in?" The doctor asked.

"How am I supposed to know? You're the Timelord here!"

"Okay, calm down a bit, don't you think? We can figure this out. It seems I'm a-a-"

"A girl? You're a girl, Doctor. And I'm a man, thanks to whatever stunt you just pulled."

"So you're Don, then. I'm still the Doctor?"

"Depends." Don opened the door of the TARDIS and peeked outside. "I can't tell when it is, you might want to take a look."

Scowling at Don, the Doctor huffed outside and he followed.

"We're in Ancient Greece." The Doctor whispered.

"Really? We don't look like we're from Ancient Greece," Don pointed out.

"That's true, but an idea will come. People were fairly eccentric here anyway."

"Togas," Don replied, "that's all I'm sayin'."

"But Ancient Greece! This means we are here before Rome took over!"

"Can we have fun here?" Don asked with a smile.

"If you agree not to get in too much trouble."

Just as Don nodded, he ran into a street vendor. "Uuuuh..."

"Hullo there, this is Don and I'm the Doctor-"

"You can't possibly be a doctor!" The vendor laughed throatily.

"I am THE Doctor." She protested.

"You're a woman. It's impossible." The vendor rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Donna-"

"You're a woman, Doctor," Don watched as she looked herself over. "It's not going to be the same as before."

"But, Donna!" The Doctor moaned. "I am the Doctor!"

"I know you're the Doctor, you know you're the Doctor, but people here: thy just won't get it. You of all people should know that."

"So you're saying that I can't do anything here?"

"You just don't have a voice here, Doctor." Don stopped for a moment. "We need to fashion you a girl's name."

"Rose." The Doctor said instantly.

"Okay, Rose. That's how you'll be introduced until we fix this, and I'll be Don. Got that?" Don tapped his foot waiting for a reply.

"Yes sir." The Doctor, now called Rose, answered.

"And don't try to be clever because people just won't understand." Don grinned, implying the conversation was over.

"Why are we here though? There was some sort of distress call coming." Rose murmured.

"Who cares! We're in Greece! The time of parties and fun!"

Rose looked at her, obviously annoyed. "You realize that this could change history, right?"

"You realize you sent us through a machine that gender swapped, right?"