Three: Promise Me, No Promises

Disclaimer: I own nothing recognizable of Teen Wolf or MTV. Interpretations of Japanese myths and folklore are my own, but not the myths and legends themselves.

The original characters and subplot pertaining to those characters are of my own making I claim ownership of nothing else.

Important Information:

Misaki: (Japanese, 御先, "Misaki") are a collective term for spirit-like existences in Japan like gods, demons, and spirits, among other supernatural entities. Their name comes from a kannushi's vanguard.

Baku: (獏or貘) are Japanese supernatural beings that devour dreams and nightmares. According to legend, they were created by the spare pieces that were left over when the gods finished creating all other animals.

They have a long history in Japanese folklore and art, and more recently have appeared in Japanese anime and manga. Legend has it, that a person who wakes up from a bad dream can call out to Baku.

For example, a child having a nightmare in Japan will wake up and repeat three times, "Baku-san, come eat my dream." Legends say that the Baku will come into the child's room and devour the bad dream, allowing the child to go back to sleep peacefully.

However, calling to the Baku must be done sparingly, because if he remains hungry after eating one's nightmare, he may also devour their hopes and desires as well, leaving them to live an empty life.

The Baku can also be summoned for protection from bad dreams prior to falling asleep at night. In the 1910s, it was common for Japanese children to keep a Baku talisman at their bedside.

(In this instance I use them as supernatural people with the ability to walk in peoples dreams and gain strength from devouring their nightmares, in other words, their heightened emotions.

There are also some that feed off the hopes and desires for an extra boost. The idea can be compared to a Vampire choosing to drink blood from humans [ergo killing them] and choosing to drink from animals [less filling, but more morally acceptable.)

___________________

~.~
"I just wanna dive in the water with you
Baby, we can't see the bottom
It's so easy to fall for each other
I'm just hoping we catch one another."
~.~

-Cheat Codes "No Promises
(feat. Demi Lovato)
__________________

This must be one of the most awkward car rides I have ever been on. It's been silent since I told him I needed to go to 'Ms. Kay's Diner' for an interview.

Ash was currently looking out the window, and Stiles was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel lost in thought.

Which was fine because so was she, the scenery of blurry greens flashing by was enough for her to get lost in.

Beacon Hills had a feel to it, one she hadn't felt since Japan truthfully. Her family had lived in a traditional house on the fringes of Yakushima Island. There were several different Kodama, Baku, and other Misaki residing in the gated community they lived in.