Sensing Pain

Hawkmoths Point of View

I sensed a very troubled person.

The sadness and anger seeped through my bones as I let myself feed on the pain.

I could feel the pounding of this girls heart, the heaving of her lungs, the tightness of her chest, and the hot tears in her eyes.

It felt as if she was drowning in pain.

Perfect.

I had been taking a break, waiting for the right moment to strike. It felt like the waiting had paid off. With this level of hurt in this one girl, I knew I could take on Ladybug and Chat Noir and win.

This girl felt different. Her pain was unlike anything I've sensed before. This wasn't just anger or fear or sadness or jealousy, like most of my others had been, it was a mixture of every negative emotion I could think of. I knew that this pain couldn't have just been something that happened to her in a moment, it's been building up over time and has finally exploded.

I closed me eyes, immersing myself into this girls world to see what I could turn her into.

Her mind was tricky to crack, lots of layers and blocking, but I was finally able to glimpse at what was going on inside her head.

I saw that the part of her that she has been hiding from people, for some reason, was exposed. I saw that this exposure made her see who she really was. I saw that she didn't like what she found out. I pushed deeper and found out that her crush just admitted to liking the part of herself she refused to acknowledge was herself, but deep down she knew it really was her. I saw how much she hated that part of herself.

I tried pushing my powers further, but that was it. I couldn't tell what this person was hiding or who her crush was, her mind was too strong, but I did sense one last thing.

This person was Marinette.

Marinette was dead. How could this be? The talented girl killed herself. At least that's what I heard from Natalie when I asked what was wrong with my son. Oh, well it might just be a different person I heard Natalie talking about, because there's no way someone could come back from the dead.

Now I had to think about what to call her. This Marinette had to have a name and power just as great as the pain she felt.

Concealer?
No, that sounded like makeup and I wanted this to be original so when people talked about her, they knew it was her, not something else.

Unveiler?
No, that just sounded wrong.

Then, it clicked.

Lady Exposure.
The revealer of secrets. She could make peoples biggest secrets be exposed to everyone as revenge for what her exposed secret had made her suffer for.

My window opened, making all of my butterflies take to the air.

"Ahh, an exposed soul, perfect opening for my akuma!" I held out my hand, which summoned a butterfly. It landed on my palm as I covered it, punching my power into the small organism, which made it turn black. I opened my hand again, and the newly turned akuma started flying towards the window. "Fly away my little akuma, and evillize her!" I spun my staff to add a little extra pizazz and make me feel more powerful.

I used my power to look through the akumas eyes and saw it heading towards the source of the negativity, an open window with a girl crying on the floor on the other side of it. I smiled as I saw her suffering, getting ready for giving her the ultimate power, ready to turn her into Lady Exposure, but my smile ceased to exist as I felt her emotions increase as I got closer. Now that I was closer, I could really feel the complexity and power of her emotions. I felt confusion added to to list of negative feelings, and everything else got stronger. Then, everything went black. I opened my eyes, looking around in surprise. This girl was feeling more negativity than I thought possible.

Her negative emotions were so strong, they killed my akuma.

Sorry for the late update, but here it is still technically Wednesday where I am.

So, I was tagged by bardotliza , so here we go, (sorry if the picture doesn't show up for you, so I'll just write the questions or things to answer 😉)

1) Name: My initials are AEB

2) Birthday: April 31st

3) Looks: Medium to long brown hair that is slightly wavy, white, covered in freckles, brown-green eyes, short

4) Favorite Song: I don't really have one, but I've been thinking about the song "Zombie" by Bad Wolves a lot, and "Hey There Delilah" by The Plain White Tees is one that brings back memories.

5) Favorite Band: N/A

6) Crush: I don't have one

7) Favorite Fanfiction: There's a lot I like, so it's really difficult to choose. I've been recently reading a really good one, "13 Reasons Way Chat| Miraculous au" by bardotliza , it's a really good book and I get this feeling that if you like my book, you'll like this one.

8) Dream Place to Travel: I want to visit Europe, maybe Paris or London.

9) Favorite TV Show or Movie: Besides the obvious Miraculous (have you seen the recent episodes 😵), I LOVE The Office, Parks and Recreation, and am starting to get into Greys Anatomy.

Now I have to tag 7+ people:
_Marichat_Shipper_
alisakinx
cissychat
anjatheonion26
Marichat50ever
adrienxmarinette_1
Miraculous_Ivystem
Again, I am just randomly picking names of people I follow (mostly just the ones with Miraculous usernames/picture), so please don't get upset if I did/didn't tag you, and you are welcome to write your answers in the comments, even if you weren't tagged.

RFF: Seaweed can grow up to 12 inches per day!

Alright then.

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E