o n e || the blossoming of a brand new friendship

Ten years ago
July 4th, 2008
Friday afternoon
2.34 P.M.
McDonalds
London, England

"Liam, you have five minu–" before his sister could finish her sentence, the boy was already out of the car. He had slammed the door shut behind him, looking around the parking lot and making his way towards the restaurant which wasn't even a few feet away from him, not even taking a glance back at her.

Ruth had just picked him up from training and he felt the need to get himself some food since he didn't eat much today. Yet his lovely sister decided to give him some type of lecture to why he shouldn't eat the junk food and that she didn't have the time to stop because she was about to meet her boyfriend. Yet he couldn't care less. All he wanted was to get his lunch and then leave again, it wouldn't hurt if she met her boyfriend like a few minutes later.

He stepped into the place, the whiff of greasy smelling food hitting his face. Liam just hummed and made his way up to one of the queues, standing behind an old couple. The place was pretty busy. A lot of people sitting by the tables and enjoying a nice afternoon meal. The workers behind the counter were moving around swiftly, serving the people and giving them what they ordered.

The fourteen year old huffed and ran his fingers through his long hair, glancing around the restaurant every now and then, hoping he'd get his food in time before Ruth killed him.

It felt like hours. The line was moving forward very slowly and he was still standing at the back. The queue was getting even longer because everything went so slow. His phone was vibrating violently in his pocket, knowing exactly it was Ruth freaking out that he was taking so long. It wasn't quite his fault when so many people wanted to get food around here. The teenage boy ignored it and swung back and forth on his feet.

About a few moments later, just before he took a step forward, someone accidentally bumped into him. There was a loud thud, the drink of the person having fallen down onto the tiles and spilling everywhere, Liam's jeans and shoes being partially wet. "Sorry! I- I didn't see- see where I was going." A Bradford accent stuttered nervously, the brunet looking up only to see a dark haired boy stand across from him with a tray of food in his hands. "Shit." He mumbled and quickly kneeled down, accidentally dropping the rest of his food into the puddle of coke because he was so nervous.

"It's okay." Liam didn't think twice and helped the stranger, picking up the wet boxes and placing them back on the tray beside them. "Here, let me just–" just before he could finish his sentence, the two boys moved forward and accidentally bumped their heads. Both hissed in slight pain and placed their hands on the spot, looking at each other.

For some reason, Liam's breath got caught in his throat. He couldn't get a better look at him earlier because things kind of went down fast but he had to admit that he was handsome. The boy was about his age, maybe even a year older than him. His dark hair was trimmed to a buzzcut. His eyes were a soft hazel color and his lashes were pretty long, which was kind of admirable. He had a cute button nose with a diamond piercing on the left. The boy was wearing a dark oversized hoodie and a pair of slightly baggy trousers.

"Sorry." The boy giggled and bit his lip shyly, his sun-kissed cheeks turning a bright shade of pink in embarrassment.

"It's okay." Liam said once again with a chuckle, rubbing at the sore spot on his head. "Are you alright though?" He helped him up and picked the tray up from the floor. The line had moved and the people who stood behind Liam were now in front of him, but he couldn't care less at the moment.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm fine." The other teenager sighed and chewed at his bottom lip. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to- I'm really clumsy, I'm sorry." He kept apologizing.