Chapter one

Don't pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.

-Bruce Lee

Jacob Black. Just that name alone made me want to rip my hair out. For the what feels like hundredth time i was taking a note from Jacob and bringing it to Bella. He would not speak to her so i was passing notes in between the two like they were 5. As annoyed as i was with both Bella and Jacob i could not bring myself to stop being the messenger between the two feuding friends. As i pull up to the house in my sisters awful red truck i see Bella staring out the window in the kitchen and i smell.. Burnt noodles? The smell gets stronger as i enter the house and i understand once i get into the kitchen. "Dad did you try to cook?" i ask eyeing the now messy kitchen that smells awful. He turns and smiles sheepishly at me. "What can i say Sophie except i'm sorry?" he says more as a question and i laugh. I hand Bella the note from Jacob and she thanks me. As i start to clean up the kitchen dad and Bella go into the other room and begin talking i decide to tune them out and hum a soft tune. After cleaning everything up Bella comes in and opens her letter that i must admit dad and i already read. However i knew she wouldn't be going to just any college, she'd be going to one in an area just as dreary as forks. So Edward could attend with her. Suddenly i got a whiff of him... Edward Cullen was here knocking on our front door at the exact time he always does. Bella opens the door and in walks Edward. dad and i glare at Edward when he walks into the kitchen holding Bella's hand. He smiles politely and whispers under his breath quiet enough so i can hear but not any humans. "Carlisle needs to speak to you." i nod my head slightly and tell dad. "Hey dad i'm gonna go visit Alice is that okay?" dad nods his head and i leave. Telling dad i'm visiting Alice is easier than explaining that i'm going to see my boyfriend? I still don't think we have a label for what we are. I told him we need to take things slow because trust is earned. Carlisle understood and we still love each other very much. Finally i pull up to the Cullen's house and Carlisle greets me at the door with a hug. We stay like that for a moment then pull apart. "Howdy stranger." i say. He chuckles and from inside the house i hear jasper say. "Isn't that my line?" i grin even wider because he's right and i walk inside only to be tackled by Rosalie. "I missed you!" she says loudly. I hug her back and say back. "I missed you too!" we break apart and head into the den with Carlisle trailing behind us. "Hey Sophie bug." Emmett says grinning like an idiot and i scowl at his new nickname but quickly fire back. "Sup Emmy bear." his grin fades into a playful glare and i laugh. We all sit down after i say hello to Alice and jasper. "What'd you need to speak with me about Carlisle?" his expression grows serious then he turns on the TV and the news comes on. It's about the killings and disappearances in Seattle. I look at the TV and then back at Carlisle and ask. "Vampires?" Carlisle's answer scares me. "Yes."