CHAPTER 38

"Huy!" Kiefer throwed a pillow towards Thirdy.

But the latter seemed to be unbothered as he kept his eyes straight towards the TV.

"Inaalok mo pa ako maglaro ng NBA 2K, hindi mo naman nilalaro ng maayos." Kiefer blurted out.

Thirdy just sighed and covered his face using a pillow.

"Ano nanaman kasi problema mo?" Kiefer asked as he turned of the TV.

But he didn't got any response from his younger brother.

"Anong problema?" Kiefer repeated. But this time, with a soft, concerned voice.

Thirdy removed the pillow and looked at his brother.

And at that moment, Kiefer already knew what's up just by looking at his eyes.

Who else could be the reason behind his sadness?

"Bea" Kiefer said.

Thirdy looked away.

"She's leaving, Manong."

Kiefer patted the latter's back the most gentle way he could.

"She's leaving without me, but with another guy. And that's the worst part." Thirdy looked up to avoid his tears from falling. "She's leaving me. "

Kiefer gulped, which might be the only way to stop the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes too.

"We m-might never see each other again. I...I can't take it." Thirdy repeatedly shook his head to take away the thoughts inside his mind.

Kiefer felt the pain Thirdy was experiencing. And nothing is more painful watching your younger brother break down infront of you.

"I-I can't accept the fact that we will end up like this. I d-didn't even bid goodbye to her properly." Thirdy bit his lip to avoid stuttering. "I already have too much regrets and she's not even leaving yet! What more for the next days to come? My regrets will slowly kill me."

And even if Kiefer was on the verge of tearing up too, he didn't. He stood composed. He needs to be strong, just for his brother.

"You said it." Kiefer said.

Thirdy furrowed his eyes on the latter.

"You said that she's not even leaving yet. You still have the chance to erase those regrets, Thirds." Kiefer said slowly.

"You can still bid goodbye to her properly the way you want to. You still have time."

"I'm...scared." Thirdy mumbled.

Kiefer sighed.

"The thought of Bea leaving you isn't the worst part." Kiefer said monotonously. "But the thought that she'll leave you in this way, is."

Thirdy stood silent.

"Malungkot talaga kapag may umaalis. Pero papayag ka ba na sa pag-alis niya, dala dala niya lahat ng mga malulungkot na alaala ninyo?" Kiefer asked.

Thirdy shook his head.

"Hindi pala eh. You also said that you can't accept the fact that you'll end like this. Then change it. Parehas kayong mahihirapan kung iniisip pa rin ninyo yung problema niyong dalawa kahit malayo na kayo sa isa't isa. Let her forget the bad memories you two had for a while. Change her impression on you before she'll leave for Europe." Kiefer smiled.

"How?"

Kiefer looked at the clock.

"Habulin mo, Thirdy. Tell her everything you want. Give her the closure she deserves. You'll be away from each other. It will be easier for the both of you to forget the bad memories and move on if you both clear things up now."