HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAKUMI

THE DAY I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU

Fated to love, destined to separate. Usui Takumi, the current president of The Walkers Company as well as a well-established practitioner and Ayuzawa Misaki, a successful lawyer, have drifted apart in the last six years. But nothing has changed their feelings, love, trust and confidence in each other, well except for themselves. Will they find their key to happiness at the doorstep of each other's heart?

DISCLAIMER: Apart from the OCs and the plot of the story, I don't own anything. Kaichou wa maid sama solely belongs to Hiro Fujiwara.

#1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAKUMI

Sometimes I just wish you were here,

So I could tell you how much I need you

and how hard every day has been without you.

I am sorry.

-Love.

MISAKI'S P.O.V

This was all I could write. I wanted to write more, but my thoughts wouldn't flow into words. If anything, but tears, tears that would swell up and threaten to fall down, washing down the hard facade I had learnt to put up in the last six years. Out of frustration, I shut my diary back for the nth time today, not knowing what else to write. Blinking back my tears, I pushed myself out of the chair and flexed my fingers, which seemed to snap out any minute due to all the typing and paperwork I had done for the day. Walking over to the window, I rubbed my temples and looked out at the golden light that swept across the city of skyscrapers, The New York city.

I need some air to compose myself...

I picked up four not-so-light looking files and headed over to a larger desk. The lady behind this desk looked up at me when I crowded her desk with the files that I carried.

"Pass this on to Brad please", I said to her, as she stared at me in awe of the display of my super-human strength.

"Sure thing", Angela said, and smiled back at me.

"I'll be at the balcony" I said to her as I turned and started to walk towards a coffee counter.

Light breeze was blowing. I sipped my coffee as I watched the sun set behind a tall skyscraper. I brought out my chain which held a light heart-shaped pendant at its end. I brushed my thumb across those engraved letters, for a millionth time today...

Forever yours, - U.T.

Tears ran down my cheeks naturally, unable to keep them at bay any longer. I opened the pendant only to see a picture of myself blushing and him smiling. The coffee started to grow cold in my hands, as I stared at his smiling face and then looked at the sun.

"Eva..."

'Happy birthday Takumi. Please forgive me...' I whispered in the air as I pinned my wishes to the setting sun, hoping that it would be delivered to him, when it would rise in the other part of the world.

"Eva..."

"EVELYN!"

I snapped back to reality as I heard my adopted name being screamed out in the background. I quickly brush away my tears with the back of my hand before I turn to face the person who had called out my name with an ear splitting intensity.

"Angela" I said, as I inhaled to steady my voice.

"What have you been doing? I have been calling you, are you alright?" she asked, her voice laced with a tinge of worry.

Stupid me, I thought, didn't you just need another person to worry about you now?

"I-I'm alright, I was just carried away by the sunset" I said as I waved toward the direction of the setting sun.

"Oh...ah! Yes, Brad is expecting you in his office." She said as I watched her retreating figure disappear behind the rotating glass doors.

I gulp down the remaining coffee and make my way to my boss' cubicle. I knock twice before I hear a 'come in'. I quickly enter only to see a man in his thirties looking through all the files I had submitted, and at the same time motioning his hand telling me to have a seat.

"Impressive work, Ms. Ross. As expected from a student of the Brooklyn University. ", he said, lifting his spectacles from his nose.

"I'm glad", I replied, too worn out to even take the pleasure of his praise.

"Since you have completed your task one day before your teammates," he said, while closing the file, "I suggest that you slack off for a day. Give your fingers a break, Ms. Ross. Besides, you might want to give your attention to a certain someone, since I assume you worked overtime to get these files completed." He said, while pointing his index finger at a metallic band that clung to my ring finger.

That is exactly why I don't want to take a day off.

Unable to argue any further, I firmly shake his hand and leave his office briskly. I wave a goodbye to Angela, Brad's P.A., and a few other colleagues before I swipe my ID to exit.

"Good day to you, Ms. Ross", I heard the receptionist say while I gave her back one of my business smiles.

How I wish I could.

--------------------------------

A/N: There it goes...the first chapter of my first maid sama fanfic. I hope you liked it. Just to be a little on the clearer side, Misaki is practising law in New York under the name Ms. Evalyn Ross. For those who might find it a bit confusing, there is more to be revealed in upcoming chapters...so stay tuned.

please review. Each and Every review is valuable to me.

until next time,

BIMBA.