Untitled Part 1

Midoriya finished zipping up his jacket. He wrapped his scarf around his neck, opened the front door, and left the dorm.

It was extremely cold outside, and he pulled his scarf up so it covered his nose. He made the snowy trudge to the store down the street.

Nothing of note happened until he started walking back to the dorm, groceries in hand. Over the noise of the city around him, he could hear soft sniffling. Midoriya looked around and saw nothing. He started walking again. He had barely taken a step before he heard the sniffling again, but louder this time.

Midoriya turned his head. In the alleyway across from him, he could see a small figure, huddled in the corner. After a mini battle inside of his head about whether he should check it out or not, the concern won out over the common sense and he started walking over to the figure, still holding his groceries.

When he gets close enough, Midoriya can see that it's the figure of a little girl. She looks up at Midoriya, eyes wide, sniffling. She looked a bit familiar, but he couldn't place it. The girl seemed to be no older than six with short, wavy, dirt-matted periwinkle hair. Her eyes were a strange shade of red. She rubbed at her nose with a grimy yellow sleeve. One of the straps of the overalls she wore was broken. She held tightly in her grip a dirty, tattered teddy bear.

"H-Hello. Are you alright?" Midoriya asked, kneeling down next to the girl. She shied away from him, eyes full of fear. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name?"

"H-Hiroki Mokuzai." The girl responded, looking down at her bear. She held it up to show Midoriya. "This is Jam." She stated, making the stuffie wave at him. Midoriya smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you, Hiroki. My name is Izuku Midoriya. Where are your parents?" He looked around the alley, like Hiroki's parents would magically appear as soon as they had been mentioned.

Hiroki looked down and squinted. "I-I can't remember. A lot of things are fuzzy." Midoriya cocked his head and stood up.

"Come with me. I'll take you to the police station." Hiroki's head shot up. Her eyes were wide as she shook her head frantically, hair whipping her face.

"No!" Midoriya blinked in surprise. Hiroki's shoulders slumped. "I remember something. Daddy was a police officer... I don't trust them." She muttered.

Midoriya looked at her sympathetically.

"Alright. I'll take you back to UA with me and talk to Sensei." He offered Hiroki a hand. She stared at it for a moment before standing up, using the wall to aid her, and hesitantly taking the hand.

"O-Okay." She whispered. Her hand was frigid in Izuku's.

Aizawa was in his office, grading papers, when a knock at the door stirred him from his stupor.

"Come in." He called. The door opened, and Midoriya stepped inside. He was holding the hand of a ratty looking girl in a yellow long sleeved shirt and overalls with a broken strap. Clutched in the crook of her arm was a dirty teddy bear.

"Midoriya, who is that?" Aizawa asked, standing up from his desk. The girl took a step backwards. Midoriya looked down at her before looking back up at Aizawa.

"Uh- this is Hiroki Mokuzai. I found her in an alley. I was going to take her to the police station, but she said that she doesn't trust policemen."

Aizawa walked over to the girl and Midoriya. He studied her for a moment before looking down at Midoriya.

"Why doesn't she like the police?" He asked, voice taking on a slightly accusing tone.

"She- she said that she doesn't trust them because her father was one." Aizawa's face softened. He understood not being able to trust people because of a toxic person who worked in the same profession.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do." Aizawa sighed. Midoriya smiled at Aizawa.

"Thank you, Sensei!" He said brightly. Aizawa rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Until then, the girl can stay in your dorm building. I think you should go introduce her to your classmates and have her take a shower."

Midoriya nodded and tugged gently on Hiroki's hand.

"C'mon, Hiroki." He said quietly.

Hiroki and Midoriya filed out of the room. Aizawa collapsed on his chair with a huff.