ɪ

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ + ᴏɴᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ sɪx

Exams.  All that is clouding my mind is the results for my exams. 

Time: 17:39

Time results are in: 18:00

I impatiently bounce my knee and chew on my fingernails.  These results are everything,  if I fail this class I don't know what I'll do.  Even less what my mother will do.  Sometimes I feel like my education is more important to her than it is to me,  but maybe because she's the one paying for it but it's not like she can't afford it.  

I open my email account and stare at the screen for a notification to announce that results are complete. I avert my gaze to out the window and stare outside at passing cars and people walking up the streets before sunset.  But something more special catches my eyes.

A young boy.  He's stumbling on the street, he looks wounded. Should I help him? What if he's really badly hurt, he doesn't look any older than 17 too... I let out a long,  dragged out sigh and situp from my chair.  Grabbing my coat from the rack, I run outside and shiver as the crisp cold air meets my skin. 

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing! " I yell to the boy and stop infront of him.  He looks up at me and stares at me with his big deep brown wide eyes. "Are you hurt? " I ask concerned with a comforting tone.  I don't want to scare the boy,  but just help him. He grabs my arm and pleads with those eyes. 

"Please, let me in.  He's coming... " the boy managed to stutter from his pale lips.  Before I even kniw what he's even talking about,  senselessly I grab his hand and lead inside my home. After he's inside, I sit him down onto the couch and kneel infront of him. His knee,  blood is seeping through his jeans on his knee. What happened to him?  After he's sat down and I have examined his wound which is fairly deep but not bad enough where I can't fix it,  I get up from the floor and sit next to him.  He's shivering. 

"Who's coming? " I ask him after he stops shaking.  Poor thing is so shaken up after whatever caused him to end up in my home.  He gulps and averts his eyes to me. 

"My dad. " he said coldly, his father is who I assume caused the wound.  "He yelled at me to get out of his house after beating my mom to death".  His words are emotionless, and I sit there in shock to these words just spoken.  Immediately I sit up and grab my phone from the table and an emergency aid kit from the downstairs hallway closet.  I dial for the police to which they respond fairly slowly, which doesn't help either mine nor the boys nerves.  I ask the boy for his information such as address to where the police can find his mother, and his name- Jungkook. He told me to not tell the police that he is the son of his mother, he didn't want to be taken away. 

After im done talking to the police,  I open up the first aid kit and kneel down on the floor to where I can reach his knee. I cut his jeans open to where I can see his knee better. It's not too bad but it looks like a pain to heal considering the location. 

"He should have killed me instead. " he murmers weakly and tears form in the corner of his eyes.  I pour some alcohol on the would to cleanse it ti which he grabs my arm and digs his nails into my skin due to the pain.  I wince slightly but continue to tend to his cut. 

"Don't say that.  " I say and bandage him up then sit right back next to him,  that's when he breaks.  He starts bawling, choking on his tears trying to make out words. I hug him tightly and run my fingers through his hair to comfort him ,  the things he has gone through in just today- I can't even imagine his pain. 

"It's okay, just cry. " I whisper and my heart aches terribly to see him like this.  He's too young, too young to have to have gone through this day. "I'm so sorry. " I say and tears start to well up in my own eyes.  I kiss the top of his head like I would do to the children in the hospital when job shadowing. It always seemed to calm them down. And just like the kids who I had comforted in the hospital before surgery,  after being diagnosed, or the worst times- being  near death, it had calmed jungkook aswell. 

"Just stay with me for now. I have plenty of room in this house and I don't want you alone outside or with a creep. " I say and he nods in response.  Well that's one extra room filled in this giant house.  I hope I don't regret my decision.  I barely know the kid but I can't let him out by himself, that would be very irresponsible of me as an adult and as a person in general. 

... 

Time: 21:45

After hours of comforting and talking to jungkook,  he was near passing out from exhaustion.  I chuckle softly and sit up from my seat. 

"Let's get you to bed. " I say and smile gently.  He sits up to and clings onto my arm.  Aish, barely met me 4 hours ago and is already attached. Cute. "You can have the room right next to mine.  And if you need me for absolutely anything, come get me.  Chances are I won't even be asleep. " I laugh a bit and he smiles in response.  It's nice to see a smile on his face. 

I walk him to his room and switch the sheets and blankets since they're dusty, it's been a while since any of these rooms have been used.  If it wasn't for my parents, I'd rather live in a small little house versus this huge nine bedroom mansion. None of these extra rooms have been used ever since my fathers passing,  because then he left the house to me and all the residents who lived with him such as servants had left.  Now it's just me,  mikey and her puppies,  my mother,  and her assistant Yoongi. However yoongi was out of town and my mother was sickly and has been spending all of her time in her room and it's been my responsibility to heal her. 

Jungkook laid down on the bed and hugged me tightly.  "Thank you for taking me in,  I promise I'll make it up to you one day. " he said and layed back down. 

"No need. " I say,  smile, turn off the lights and leave the room.