Ruined III

Jinyoung plops down on his bed, not even bothering to take of his shoes. Today's events upsets him. How can he change so much or is he really like that since the beginning and Jinyoung just not noticed it the whole year of him staring at the younger from the farthest and darkest part of the public library he usually goes.

He's just like those honor students on his previous school, picky about people as if the less smart students will infect them. He could see how he treats his friends too, he's just so cold and almost always bored with people, unlike the guy he met before.

Jinyoung remembered when he bravely approached the younger at the farthest back of the public library blocks away from their current school, also Jinyoung's napping place. As usual the brunette was so busy scribbling on his pad and Jinyoung intended to ignore him like always and stare from a far but an exhausted sob silently escape on that school's top student. Jinyoung knows him because he would often see him in their university when there's a competition that was held by them. He's popular Jinyoung must say, always winning if not then next to the winner. Jinyoung would often smirk in satisfaction when he would win over those boastful and know-it-all students from their school. He also find it cute how the younger always wore sweaters twice his size and even in formal attire, he still wore sleeves that are large enough to pass his fingers. That's just shows how gentle and delicate he is. The thing he just hated was when he would heard his co-students squealing and planning to see him at his own schools. That just makes him clenched his fist on his sides.

One cold afternoon that makes Jinyoung's throat ached and voice a little rough, at the same dull library, he witness how stress the younger was that he couldn't even answer the simple math equation from his books. Not having much thought, Jinyoung makes his presence known.

"Hey what's wrong?" Jinyoung ask unsure. The younger flinch and harshly brushed the tears on his flushed cheeks.

"N-nothing. " He utter and went back on his notes to save himself form embarrassment.

"Come on, if it's math I can help you." said Jinyoung though he already knows that it was indeed math.

The younger just shakes his head. "Thank you but I can handle this."

"Don't be stubborn. Even the smartest people needs help too." Said Jinyoung with a smile as he stand on the right side of the boy and get the pen from the younger's left hand. Frankly, Jinyoung didn't know where he's getting this confidence.

"You r-really didn't have to-" The younger started but Jinyoung just hmm in response.
"I didn't know freshman have this problem already." Jinyoung commented. It was thought to them just weeks ago and Jinyoung was on his second year of college.

"I'm second year." The younger replied softly.

Jinyoung was taken a back. He would always heard the age of the boy when being introduced and Jinyoung was sure that he's a year younger. "Oh? You seems quite young to be in college honestly. You accelerated?" Jinyoung ask which the younger shakes his head no.

The younger frown, maybe disliking his baby face and small figure. "My mother saw that I'm doing good at school even at the young age so she enrolls me already." the boy answered, still looking at the papers, afraid to look up and embarrassed himself.

"You must be really smart then." Jinyoung commented before proceeding to the problem at hand. "So this problem is quiet complicated but I remember the much easier solution perfectly. You just have to arrange the number first then find the interval and..." He continue as the boy listen carefully. "Then find the square root after you divide these two then you're done. See?" Jinyoung finished. The boy nods in awe.

"T-Thank you." the boy whispered and copy the easier equation his prof didn't thought them.

Jinyoung just chuckled. "It's really just easy honestly, even using the computation on your notes. You're just stressed."

The younger pouted and that goes unnoticed to Jinyoung. "I'm sorry you have to see that." Daehwi replied sighing.

"Won't you look at me though?" Jinyoung tease.

Daehwi shake his head again. "I look horrible." He said.

Jinyoung laughs quietly. "Okay then just give me your name."

"Daehwi, Lee Daehwi." He answered fast making another set of laughter.

"Nice to meet you then Daehwi." He said and before the younger could even ask back his name, he stride to the darkest part of the old library. This time he'll go home and continue his nap there, he couldn't risk when the younger, Daehwi, find and ask for his name. It's not like he doesn't want to have his name known to the cute petite guy, it's just gives him a reason to just observe him from a far, being strangers.

After that day though, Jinyoung didn't see the boy with sweater paws again. Not a problem, he studied at the university across, he could bump into him if wanted. It's just that Jinyoung lost one of his hobbies. Yes, he makes it his hobby to stare at the younger during afternoon.

Now, not having much interesting thing in his life, he moved to Daehwi's university. Wanting to know how his life, or why he had stopped studying at the old library. Jinyoung didn't expect that the adorable boy on the library was a neglectful and fussy student that he hated the most. Jinyoung was sure that he could have beat them if he wanted too so using today's examination, that's what he planned to do. He didn't really wanted to but he let his anger get the best of him like always. He's angry at the characteristics of the boy but above all that, he's upset that he doesn't remember him. He knows that it was just a small and year old of interaction but can't he remember even just a little part of it? And that Samuel, are they dating?

Jinyoung sighed again, covering his eyes, now he just wished Daehwi perfected his papers because Jinyoung aced his. Wish because it's miracle that he needed at the moment, he's sure answered carefully without holding back.