Trust Can be Mended?

It's been about three weeks since Izana Yelled at me. Zen is still staying at Izana's Castle, I have been avoiding Izana lately cause I'm still a little bit shaken up.

" Zen I need to speak with you."

" What is it, Lord Brother."

" It's Megan, She has been distant from me."

"And you need me why?"

" Because you know about girls and what they think."

" I see so you need my help."

" Fine Yes Zen I need your help. Are you happy? I have admitted it?"

" Well yes I am happy, but truth be told I'm kinda glad you did. So you want to know why she is avoiding you right?"

" Yes, it is."

" Alright well, I believe that some of the trouble is what happend last week."

" Some of the trouble? what is the rest?"

" I don't know for sure. maybe you should take her out for a walk, talk to her! after all, you haven't been spending a lot of time with her. maybe she feels like you have been Avoiding her."

" Fine, then I'll talk to her. thank you Zen."

" Good luck Brother."

{ With that I walk away from my younger brother. I own Zen one now after he helped me.}

"Oh and Brother! you own me now."

" Yes, Zen I suppose I do."

I'm walking down the path to now where impartial. When I hear a voice I know all to well call out to me.

" Megan!!"

" Lord Izana what can I do for you?"

" Lord! since when did Lord come into this! You have never called me that before."

why did I call him Lord? could it because I'm still nerves around him?

"I-I'm sorry my lord was there something that you needed?"

" Megan, I was wondering if you would go for a walk with me?"

" Your highness I thank you for your offer but I'm rather busy today," I say with a small smile on my face. why am I acting like this? what is wrong with me? 

" Good day your highness."

" wait where are you going?"

" Like I said I have things to do! Please excuse me."

" Wait! Meg, PLEASE I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU! please, I just want us to be friends again! please, at least walk with me. You may leave whenever you want."

" Very well then."

Izana puts his arm out for me to take. I gently put my hand on his arm and we start to walk. we walk in silence for a while, tell he speaks up.

" I'm sorry."

" For what?"

" Everything that has happend to us. First I yell at you. then I betrayed your trust. and now I don't even know what has happend to us."

" Izana, please don't, I did truly forgive you. It's just I have been a little stressed lately. I didn't mean to be distant. Please forgive me."

" Why are you apologizing! It wasn't your fault!"

" Well, I guess cause that is who I am."

" I know Megan, you are a remarkable woman."

" thank you Izana."

" Megan, I know that I said I'm sorry already but I want you to know that I really am sorry for everything that I did."

" I know Izana, I did forgive you it's just that I guess it was a bit of shock to see that side of you."

" Well, I have a feeling that there is a lot about me you have yet to see."

" Lord Brother!"

"Zen, is something wrong?"

" We just received a message saying we are needed in Bethangard."

" What is wrong there Zen?"

" Seems that they have been overrun with bandits. they have requested both of us to come as fast as we can."

" Very well. we will leave before sunset."

" As you wish."

{With that Zen rushes off to get the horses and pack. I look at Megan as she stands there in slight shock.}

" Are you alright?"

"Huh, Oh ya I'm fine. I just can't believe you're leaving again." 

" I shouldn't be gone more than a week." { I smile at her and gently reach out to take her hand.}

"Well then, have a good trip. I'll see you when you return."

" I'll see you soon Megan." 

 With that Izana walks away. I look at his back as he slowly disappears into the castle. 

{ As The weeks go on I send letters to Megan, just to tell her what is happening. we have been delayed by three weeks already. as I read the short letter from Megan she still acts like she wishes not to talk to me. I sigh as I grab a pen and start writing in reply.}

Dear Megan,

I hope you are well this day. Zen and I do not know when we will return. The Trouble here is worse than we thought. we could end up staying for a least another month.  Zen is getting homesick as I must admit so am I. I hope that no trouble has been caused at the castle. I would like it very much if you would take over a little bit of the paperwork while I'm here. but if you wish not to then that is fine. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Sincerely Izana.

{ I seal the letter and am about to give it to the messenger when I hear shouts. what on earth could that be? I walk outside the tent and feel something hit me on the head. that's the last this I remember.}