Twenty Six

JIMIN'S POV

The time had come where I would see Yoongi again. Only a few weeks after my first day as an intern, Yoongi's parents informed me that Yoongi wanted to meet with me.

I was nervous, I would be the one lying to him now but I had to do this for him.

I woke up super early that day and got ready the best I could. I tried to remain calm but it wasn't happening. I got dressed, took a coffee and headed to the hospital. I found my white coat, I observed it for a second and thought about how proud I was of myself, I never believed I'd do something like this, but I wished my real name was on it. Maybe someday.

Noon came by and I went downstairs to the lobby to meet with Yoongi and his parents. I saw him...after five whole years. He looked exactly the same as when I last did, actually he looked prettier. His skin was glowing, his hair was a reddish color and his smile was shining bright.

He had his service dog with him and she was the cutest dog I've seen in a while, she looked so happy to be with Yoongi

I tried to prepare myself for this in hopes that Yoongi wouldn't suspect it was me. I hoped he wouldn't recognize my voice.

"Mr. and Mrs. Min, it's so nice to finally meet you." I said and shook their hands.
"I'm Dr. Moon. Moon Jihyun. I'm the one doing the research."

"Nice to meet you Dr. Moon. We've heard so much about you. This is our son, Yoongi." His mom said as she shook my hand. Yoongi had her eyes and her nose, it was quite adorable.

"Hi Yoongi, I'm Dr Moon." I said confidently, trying to use a different tone in my own voice.

"Nice to meet you too doctor. I'm very excited for this." Yoongi said, he never lost his bright smile.

"Thank you for taking the time to come and meet us, I know you must be very busy." His dad said, Yoongi looked a lot like him. They had the same body and most of the same features.

"Of course sir. I've been meeting with many patients these days to give them all the information about my research. Now many people have been wanting to try this out, be the first to be operated on the trial which means there is no guarantee, but I know you want to wait to make sure that this will work. Once it does, you'll be the first one to be operated Yoongi." I said and he smiled again. It took everything within my power to keep myself from hugging him.

"I already have all the information on...how you became blind so, I know exactly what to work with. If you want to talk more about it Yoongi, I have some time. We will be spending time together anyways." I said, I hoped he would accept my offer.

"Sure, why not. I have nothing better to do anyway."

"Yoongi your mother and I have a tight schedule." His father said.

"I can bring him back. I'm not even on call right now. I just want to talk to him more about the trial." I said and looked at his dad, hoping he'd approve.