Prologue

The days have been dark and cold, i think they always were like this, but i just really felt when i lost my mom. Nobody can understand the pain or the suffering of seeing your mom being punished because of a lie. I don't really like to spend time alone, that makes me feel vulnerable, that makes me think about her and our precious moments. The moments when she teached me how we can always find light and hope even when everyone call us 'monsters'. We're not monsters, we don't use magic on humans, we use magic that came from the four elements earth,water, air and fire. We use that magic to survive, to have food, to controll the weather, to have water to drink. We are the saviors and not the lost cause. We are the saviors to the human kind, we protect them, we give them the life they have today. But nobody believed in my mom, and the whole village, a village fulled of her friends, said that she was 'needing to be punished' in the most horrible way ever, death.

My mom, she screamed, she asked on her knees for me to not see her but they dragged me to the ground and put me on my knees and said loud 'you will see the punishement that we will give to your mom as a remember to never use magic on humans'. I saw everything. I saw her eyes getting cold and dark, i heard the screams without being able to do nothing, they killed her in front of me. The times after that was just horrible. We doesn't even had a body to burried, they just killed her and take her away from us, but we witches believe that they need to be burried after this ritual envolving the four elements, the same elements that give us power but instead they will give peace to her body and her soul.

The next years were painfull, my dad start drinking and having fights with other witches, but i just can't live in that house anymore. So i make my peace with my mother and i pick the money she left me and i bought a caban in Woodiest Town. Farway from my coven, farway from my father, farway from the pain with the hope in my heart to begin a new, normal and peacefull life.

I invite one of my few friends to come help me with the unpacking. Destry helped me with the boxes but in the moment he open he found a whole bunch of old diaries, i didn't write them, i tell him that over and over again. He was petrified and so unbelieveble interested in them because they were writen for the last time ... 900 hundreds years ago but its not just that, the writing was the same as mine. I believe that was thoughts that maybe came from dreams when i past for this sleepwalking fase. Im not 900 hundreds years old, and i don't even know what was the meaning of the prophecy, or why i need to kill this person called Nalentini, or even the diference between light and dark or in a master.

This has been a life full of bad and good moments, a life of being a witch but not being able to save my mom, a life of being opressed to do whatever the others want me to do, a life made of new lifes and new deaths, a life of forgiveness and hate, a life full of tears and laughs, a life full of powers but without that incridible thing that is writen on the books called 'fantasy'. A life full of the Gift of the Word. 

Ameria Fosters