Prologue.

I was sitting on the floor, eating a bowl of cereal in my pajamas. Teen Titans playing on the television with my eyes glued to it. This was my early Saturday routine. I heard my parents talking about something from inside of the kitchen but I didn't pay no attention to their grown up talk. My mom came into view and said, "Honey, go upstairs and get dressed. We have new neighbors moving in and we need to welcome them into the neighborhood."

I had a mouthful of fruity pebbles and whined, "Do I have to, mommy?"

She didn't answer my question but, instead, she dropped my light up princess shoes in front of me,  "Don't forget to brush your teeth."

I sighed, knowing full well I wouldn't be able to get out of this. My mom took my now finished bowl of cereal back into the kitchen while I made my way back into my bedroom to get dressed.

"Hello, my name is Olivia Mitchell. This is my daughter, Chevy, and we are your next door neighbors. We thought we would welcome you to the neighborhood." My mom smiled at them kindly, I followed suit.

The older woman put her hand out for my mom to shake, "Thank you. We're here from Australia. My husband, Daryl, got a job transfer. My name is Karen. It's very nice to meet you. I have a son that's your age," she said while smiling down at me.

"Would you like some extra help? I can't begin to imagine how much all of this is to take in." My mom asked. Just then, the young boy accidentally bumped into Karen, "Oops, sorry mom!"

Karen stopped the boy and turned him to face us, "Michael, these are our new neighbors. Why don't you let this young lady help you?"

He shrugged his shoulders and I looked up at my mom for permission. She nodded her head and I followed the boy into the house. We went upstairs and he dropped the box down in, what I was guessing, his new bedroom.

"My name is Michael. Michael Clifford." He smiled at me, his accent thick and high pitched.

"Like the big red dog?" I laughed out loud, as did he. "I'm Chevy. Chevy Mitchell."

"Is that short for Chevrolet? Like the vehicle? Well, Chevrolet, I guess this makes us best friends."

"I guess so, Big Red Dog."